Glucose testing kit

HI HA members,

I am using HA for about year and looking to store Glucose test results in HA.
Is there a Glucose test kits that goes well with HA, i am not looking AT CGM, but tests that are done at random.

–Narsi

Hi I’m looking at the same.
So far I have found my glucose meter supports nft and has an app for iphone and not only that it acts as a data source for apple health. There is an autoexport application which can connect to HA and send json formatted data and it has a MQTT option to send data to an MQTT broker and i have been able to get HA to listen to the topic and show the json sent.

I haven’t yet figured how to bring that into HA as a bunch of sensors yet. I think it may be possible but perhaps needs a seperate db to the sqlite db used by default in HA which essentially gets a value from a sensor and records it with a time stamp .

What we are looking for would be a time stamp for the meter time and the value so i think ha would do timestamp , meter time stamp, value but plotting values would be HA time stamp / value . or basically if you took values monday to thursday and they were exported on friday then you may end up with only values on friday. It would be great to get health data into HA as so many devices will act as Data sources for Apple health so there could be a bridge constructed between the 2 systems. kind of like how apple home kit can get sensors in from HA and use them.

May I know your device name? If I cannot figure out what I am looking for, May be I can use your approach

hi it’s a glucomen areo,
I now have HA getting data from autoexports home assistant export. It turned out my problem was i had the url slightly wrong in the export i had something like https://myha.org:8123//api/states/hae.myhealth as end point instead of https://myha.org:8123/api/states/hae.myhealth (// after 8123 instead of /).

once that was fixed the data transfer was successful and just needed to check for unused entities in lovelace and i got around 40 or so new entities which have the last recorded values.

This isn’t too bad but HA by default records a sensor value when it gets it, which isn’t really what we have from applehealth which is a pair of values e.g 10:15 12/06/2022 and say 10 MMol
so really you actually want a db that takes these pairs and stores them and a better way to display the data. This can be done with grafana and influx db.

these are 2 addons for HA or if you run core 2 programs. (an addon is basically a preconfigured program in a docker container ). This is a work in progress for me.

But i can give a few clues for influxdb you need to create a DB when you add influxdb: to your configuration HA looks for a DB called Home_Assistant (or maybe homeassistant or home_assistant) and needs a user and pasword. the user needs admin rights you can set this up with the influx client which runs in a shell (if you are runing core you will already have ssh configured) the DB can be on the same machine or on another on your lan. If your running a pi with the os on an SD card you would want the latter but since i have a 128GB SSD on my PI it’s not an issue.

With Grafana , you will probably want it’s ui in home assistant and it has to be running it’s ui over https, so you need to point it at the SSL cert on the PI if you run on the same machine. You also need it to allow ita ui to be run in an iframe . Basically you edit grafina.ini to set this up. There are a couple of ways to setup the iframe the easiest is using the std lovelace iframe card but there is a custom one which just keeps HA side bar and removes the title bar.

With nodered i think you can set things up so that the influxdb takes in the historical data and grafana uses that as a source for its data displays (dashboards it calls them).

I think that for automations HA is going to use last values. E.g if say your step count was < 2000 at noon it might issue a notification that you should go out for a walk. I kind of see this as a kind of life goals centred thing to encourage you to improve your health. Also it’s fun and you get to do more with HA. It does seem to have everything.

Totally unrelated i have a voip phone by a company grandstream, just for fun I googled that along with Homeassistant and yes it can work with HA :slight_smile:

The iphone itself i think has the capability of being like a tricorder in Startrek terms as it can pick up data outside of HA and feed it in later. If you look at bathroom scales for example one scale that works with HA via bluetooth requires a bluetooth connection to the scale from HA now if your device running HA isn’t in bluetooth range you can have another PI relay the data to the PI running HA. This seems a little crazy to get the 1 data point a day when you stand on the scale. My scales talk to my iphone if its nearby and if not stores the data till it is.