Glue lock in HASS?

Can you share a bit more details about your setup with Smartthings cloud?

Interesting thins you have going one, haven’t tried it yet but dose it work properly for you?

Yes, I only use this for about 2 month, no GLUE APP on any of the phones in the family.
When i have more time, i will read the events så that i can change the status is i use “press to lock”

1 Like

So you do need to use homebridge plugin at all?

I haven’t changed from the homebridge set up yet, that works flawlessly and updates the status of the lock in HA so works perfectly for me.

Would be great to avoid Homebridge and use an integration in HA directly (-;

For sure, as long as it work as good as the home bridge component with status and battery info. It didn’t when I tried it quickly last time :wink:

Keep me informed when you will do so. I really would like to remove homebridge and use hassio for glue lock

Any news to this? I need a smart lock (rental apartment) and August would not work on my scandinavian lock, so Glue seems like the only option. But I’m not getting it till I can get proper integration

So what are you missing? Not willing to use home bridge?

Yeah, especially cause that requires extra devices which I don’t like :sweat_smile: The more different systems I have, the more something is due to fail. I’m looking to simplify my setup, not complicate it :laughing: Want to use it straight in hassio

Sorry to say but I think it will take a long time until we get a official integration in HA, Glue do not have a API at this moment I it will probably take a long time until they do. So don’t hold you breath until you can use it straight in HA without any issues.

Is this still an option? Based on it, I understand glue has an API and it can be integrated straight into haas? :thinking:

If I understand it right there is some kind of Mobile API, https://github.com/GlueHome However there is no public API according to Glue themself.

What I understand this works for lock and unlock, haven’t tried it myself for a look time because it missing sensors and battery.

Just received a mail from Glue that they are going to drop the old API “ API support to [end 15th of February]”. Do you know what does it mean on our config with homebridge? Will it be possible to know if the door has been closed or open? Any news on a new integration for Home assistant?

I got the same mail, they say that they are going to cancel that API and that they have built their own homebridge addon. So it will still work with homebridge you just need to install another addon.

I will try their more official addon later today and can report how it’s working

I have now moved to the new officially supported plugin from GlueHome. It was easy and workes exactly as the older plugin did. I can lock, unlock it, and it has a battery sensor. Unfortunately, there are no sensors to show if the door is open or not, hopefully, that will come in a later update.

This new official API and documentation will hopefully lead to, someone with more knowledge than me, can build a custom component or integration to HomeAssistant.

Copied from GlueHome email:

"Glue wants to be an open platform where users can integrate with us and have the freedom to build projects. This new API will provide the ability for users to integrate with the Glue ecosystem and connect your Glue Lock.

In order to install the Glue plugin, we’ve created publicly available services and libraries. Follow the list of requirements described in our public documentation of the plugin on Github."

How did you retrieve the API-key that is needed for the plug-in? I don’t know what to do with the code on the GitHub page in order to create a key. Could you please give me some pointers?

You need to run the curl command, google how to do it. It’s different depend on your system. Can be done from Linux, from Chrome, from online pages.

You can use this online curl extractor https://reqbin.com/curl

You need to change username and password in the curl command

Thank you!

1 Like