Glue lock in HASS?

Anyone know a way to get Glue lock in to HASS? I can’t found a solution. I have managed to get Glue lock in to HomeKit using Homebridge on a spare rPi but nothing more than that. Any solutions?

Access Glue Lock through HomeKit? Just a thought,

Is that possible if homebridge is on another platform and not using the native suport?

I have no idea. Just something you could try, I guess.

I can currently go from Home Assistant to the SmartThings cloud to control a switch on Amazon Alexa

I do not even have a SmartThings hub.

This should actually worked!

Hi,

I am interested to know what you can do when Glue lock is integrated in HomeKit via Home assistant. Could you send how you have done that?

Glue will appear as a lock in Home Assistant, you can lock and unlock

Ok. Thanks! Have you installed homebridge on a separate RPI or on the same one than HA?

I am running Hassio on a Intel NUC and I had a rPi that I didn’t use, so I installed Homebridge on the rPi for the moment, probably I should install it in a container on the NUC.

I think there is a add-on for Homebridge to Hassio, but I have not tried it

Hi again,

Have you try to access glue lock via HomeKit? Will be happy to avoid homebridge (-:

Sorry not, I have only found the home bridge plugin

Hi,

Is there already a way to avoid this integration without homebrigde? I suppose this solution was referring to this: https://www.npmjs.com/package/homebridge-glue

The website from Glue mentions no support (yet), but this is also already over 7 months ago: https://glue.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/articles/207473955-Is-there-support-for-Apple-HomeKit-Z-wave-and-other-home-automation-solutions-

Thank you for an update.

Hi,
What I know about there is not another way yet. Glue have mentioned on they page the same for a couple of years now, I don’t rely think that is something they working on at all if I should be honest.

But you can open and close the door using this homebridge workaround, right?

Would you suggest a lock with better support? I need the “scandinavian type lock” which is the reason I came on this brand, but I didn’t bought anything yet so options are open. August seems to be able to do the same, but the reviews seems not that good.

Depends on what you can do with you existing door. Glue is good because you adding it to you existing lock, works great with the app And works with the homebridge. However the lock never gives you a 100% correct status of the door is locked or not and it’s always a little bit tricky with the app for cleaners and maintenance guys.

If I would have the option I should go for the Yale doorman, but I can’t change the lock in my rental so this is a good option I think

1 Like

Does the Glue Lock integration via Homebridge still work for you? I’ve tried to set it up just now, but the Glue API only responds with “Request failed with status code 401”.

The integration is still working for me, Running the Glue homebridge integration via HOOBS on a simple RPI 0 wifi. I have recently been asked from Glue to be part on a beta tester. They finally want to developp the status of the door (open/closed). No news about an API yet.

2 Likes

Glue is kind of simple.
Im new to Home Assistant, so I have not made any nifty intigration, but:

My Simple solution

Works for me, will continue to work on in later …maybe.

1 Like

You are allowed, but only if it does not damage the door.

Yea I know but haven’t really try, If I need to do something to the door. a couple of friends have installed Yale but then needed to modify the door a little bit. So I am using Glue and there upcoming modell they say the have lock indicator…that´s what I am missing the most