Go to specific tab within Home Assistant app when clicking notification

Is it possible to go to a specific tab within the Home Assistant companion app for iOS when clicking a push notification?

When I click a notification it just opens the Home Assistant app on the first tab.

1 Like

@moostmartijn, did you ever figure this one out? I have the same question.

@DaveCo1701, unfortunately not.

I know this thread is over 3 years old, but I’m wanting to do exactly this. Anything changed in the past few years? This seems like a common thing people would want to be able to do.

I never figured out how to do it.

So I MOSTLY figured it out from further Googling… however, I’m now running into a problem when I try to open anything on the default lovelace/overview tab. Here’s the relevant part of my notification action:

service: notify.mobile_app_ben_s_pixel_6a
data:
  data:
    clickAction: /lovelace-testing/0

The above works just fine and opens up the app to the first tab of my ‘testing’ view, but if I try this:

service: notify.mobile_app_ben_s_pixel_6a
data:
  data:
    clickAction: /lovelace/0

it just opens the default lovelace view but is blank. None of the tabs at the top show as selected and clicking on any of them doesn’t do anything, it just remains blank where normally there would be all of my cards. To get the app working again, I have to force close it and reopen it manually. I’ve confirmed when opening the default lovelace view on a browser, it still maps to /lovelace so it doesn’t seem to be an issue of me having somehow renamed things unintentionally…

This really feels like a bug, but my presumption is always that I’m just missing something super-simple. Can someone tell me what I’m doing wrong? Thanks!

I should also mention that I’m using the ANDROID app, not iPhone as this post originally was specific to.

So I ended up nuking my App, still no luck and a lot of wasted time getting it set back up correctly.

Then a few days later, it now suddenly works. The only thing I can think of is I updated HA Core when the new release came out. Not sure if there was an actual bug that was fixed, or if the update process just inadvertently cleared something up with my install. Regardless, it’s now working as it should!

1 Like