Go2rtc project - help thread

I could be wrong, but dont you need to use the custom:webrtc-camera in the dashboard?

That isn’t his issue. He can create a ha camera based on the go2rtc config. He should be using that card in his front end but that isn’t his issue above.

I don’t see anything that really stands out from the pictures you’ve sent. I am not sure how you have zero trust setup but it sure sounds like something related to the networking. Have you tried your IP address rather than localhost? Have you tried to reach that port externally of your HA on your local network?

The Zero Trust comes from Cloudflare, but I am not opening all the ports outside. For example, I use homeassistant.local:8083 to view RTSPtoWEB, and http://192.168.1.91:1984/ to view go2rtc (internaly). Do you think I should open all the ports outside, too? As for using the IP address instead of localhost, I did that and got the same results. If I use the frigate, it works as intended, but I do not want to use it that way because of the resource needed compared to pure go2rtc.

Your should only need the one port if you want ha externally accessible. Do you see anything in the logs in go2rtc? I assume not since connection refused… is go2rtc actually running? Did you stop frigate before?

How are you installing go2rtc? Have you tried to explicitly specify ports in the config?

Connection refused is pretty simple error though. Nothing is listening on that port.

So the Go2rtc was installed as part of the frigate, so the logs are shown on the dashboard.

I did enter into the container and manually add the port but as you can see, even in the log it says 127.0.0.1:8554 ( this if entered via the container :confused: )
by default, I was seen as “addr=:8554” before my change.

but still no change :confused:

@calisro

Im confused. You said you didn’t want to use frigate. So why are you using frigate for go2rtc? Disable it and install go2rtc addon?

I will explain: : :slight_smile:
The only reason I installed the Frigate back then was because I used an addon called “Hikvision Doorbell.” The same person who worked on this solution designed this solution on top of the Frigate frontend and backend, allowing me to do two-way audio. Initially, I thought I would use that for all of my cameras, not just my doorbell, but when I noticed that it was using 400% of my CPU, I removed everything else but the doorbell, with the intention of adding the remaining items only to the Go2rtc since it uses a lot less CPU.

Hi, I need some help with go2rtc and Homekit. I currently have Frigate/Go2rtc installed on a separate Linux box. Running HA Yellow. I have 3 cameras all working fine in Frigate and HA, but now trying to add the cameras DIRECTLY to homekit with the new feature in go2rtc 1.8.4 but can’t get them to be detected in homekit.

So the way I think I this should work is that I “Add Accessory” in Apple Home, then select “More Options”, then “…isn’t shown here…” and “Enter code” 19550224.
But nothing happens.

is this right?

Below is my go2rtc config in the frigate config file.

streams:
    Study_cam: rtsp://userid:[email protected].*.*/h264Preview_01_main
    Study_cam_sub: rtsp://userid:[email protected].*.*/h264Preview_01_sub
    Living_AXIS_Cam: rtsp://userid:[email protected].*.*/axis-media/media.amp
    Wyze_cam: rtsp://userid:[email protected].*.*:8554/video1_unicast
    Wyze_cam_sub: rtsp://userid:[email protected].*.*:8554/video2_unicast
  homekit:
    Study_cam:
    Wyze_cam:
    Living_AXIS_Cam:

Typical Frigate’s problem is closed network for docker container.

1 Like

Is anyone successfully using a Foscam RS4 with go2rtc? This one. Prior to upgrading to go2rtc it worked perfectly but somewhere along the way it began to only update every 2 seconds. I’ve tried multiple suggestions I’ve ran across but nothing seems to get it back to constant updates. TIA

Ok, I stopped the frigate, and installed go2rtc from Scratch.

All streams work when i click on them with sound!

Used the following configuration:

And when i adding salon_frigate (Frigate is not relevant it’s only a name i named)

I get the following:
Freez picture :confused: and i cant hit the Play - not really understand why.
VLC player works!

Any idea why?

1 Like

Check the go2rtc logs. I’ll just guess it doesn’t have the right codecs for playing in the player you’re using.

It seems like you are right.
i added the entity to the homekit, and it is playing. I see a 3-4 second delay when I should expect 1 second, and there is no sound.:confused:

Im confused why it is not playing on the generic camera inside home assistant, when it does work on homekit but again without sound . ARGG

As for the logs, nothing is displayed. confused:

If you look at the go2rtc logs and turn them up to debug you’ll see what codecs they are generating and what is missing. You can then fix the source (codec the camera generates) or fflmpeg to add the codecs to have it all work.

Hey Rob,

Im not sure i understand from the logs much:

I requested the back_kitchen_frigate_homekit - and this is the output from the debug.
What can you understand from this?

Another one : intercom

Hi
i m a bit confused how this should/is working.

for my understanding. go2rtc gets the rtsp stream from the camera an provide this to other applications like frigate.

i added the cam in go2rtc and i can start the stream.
Bildschirmfoto 2024-01-04 um 09.48.27

then i added a generic cam with the url rtsp://192.168.1.132:8554/vogelhaus
i also added this stream to frigate:

####################################################################################
##                                     CAM1                                       ##
####################################################################################
  vogelhaus:
    enabled: True
    ffmpeg:
      inputs:
        - path: rtsp://192.168.1.132:8554/vogelhaus
          roles:
            - detect
            - record
bla
bla
bla
bla.........

when i start the stream in frigate it shows jsmpeg, why not webrtc??

1 Like

Frigate can detect stream only from built-in go2rtc.
go2rtc stream name should be same as frigate camera name.

Please explain what I’m doing wrong when setting up the go2rtc config? I need a remote stream transfer with a 3D USB Camera using the WebRTC protocol. After clicking the button, the stream program simply closes. Please explain to me in the most accessible language, because I’m not even close to a programmer and this is the first time I’m dealing with video streaming.

Good afternoon! I have the simplest task in front of me - to test the delay of the stream from the video camera when connected to a local network and remotely. I started an empty stream from a 3d camera connected to a laptop - a stream from the browser. I see it on the stream link. Now how can a user watch my stream? I don’t know? The link that is indicated in the link column does not work

Hi Alexx, can you elaborate on this further please? I too like having go2rtc as standalone from frigate too but am facing the same issue with jsmpeg only stream