Go2rtc project - help thread

Hi all,

I’ve installed the Unifi Protect Integration on my HA OS, and I can see perfectly and easily the feed of my two cams using the webrtc-camera HACS integration with this card:

type: custom:webrtc-camera
url: rtsp://udmproip:7447/xxxxxxxx
ui: true

I use my duckdns url on my iOS HA Companion App for both internal and external URL. When connected with my WiFi I don’t have any issues, but if I connect with 4G I get the NSURLErrorDomain - 1003 error.

Do I have to do something else so that I can see the live feeds of my cams when not connected to my local network?

Thanks!

Hello im new to this thread and im struggling to make two way audio to work. Im using a Hikvision Digital Video Recorder that has 8 channel camera… i use one of the cameras for go2rtc… i can view live feed with audio from the cam … but when i speak to microphone … its not outputting my mic audio to the DVR speaker… below is the code im using in my go2rtc config.

streams:
  hikvision1:
    - rtsp://admin:[email protected]:554/Streaming/Channels/101
    - isapi://admin:[email protected]:80/

also another info about my setup… im not using any standalone IP camera… im using analog hikvision CCTV camera hookup to a Hikvision DVR model DS-7208HQHI-F1 . I expect my microphone to output to the DVR speaker, because my analog cam dont have built in speaker.

also if i use the proprietary mobile app of Hikvision which is HIK CONNECT… the two way audio works! So what am i missing here…? pls help.

External Webrtc not working only on my instance from my phone mobile, makes no sense:

Howzit guys, i have my homes HA and my Dads HA for his place,

i setup stun on both and ports 8555 rules and am able to view RTC feeds externally.
My carrier was blocking my phones ports so applied and received unrestricted APN access.

I am able to see stream RTC from my mobile on my dads HA
but my HA is defaulting to MSE and i cant stream RTC,

it doesnt make any sense,

My phone sees RTC streams when:

connected to wifi at home
connected to wifi at another site (external)
but not on mobile data.

when i access my dads HA from my mobile data, i can get RTC streams externally.

How can i problem solve this, it really doesnt make any sense?

@AlexxIT Found the problem, for some wierd Reason, Mikrotik blocks mobile data external connections for Webrtc, it works over external wifi, and externally on a PC. I swapped out my mikrotik for an ASUS and now RTC is working. ISP even had a crack at it, and were stumped. Seems like a bug

I’m struggling with the muted function. I’ve got everything setup and casting a dashboard to my Google nest hub displays as a baby monitor. Thank you so much as there is now no delay in video or audio.

However I’ve got a very frustrating issue that I can’t seem to resolve.

Any time I cast the stream starts muted, I’ve tried adding a muted: false (as well as a true condition just to see if it was reversed for whatever reason). However, with this, any stream starts muted still. I can manually unmute by clicking on the display but would like it to just start with audio.

I should add that I’ve got go2rtc setup within a Docker on Unraid (whether this is the route of the issue, somewhere?)

Chromecast usually starts with muted audio because of browser restrictions. Chromecast is a browser. There is no known fix.

You can play mp4 stream. It has delay, but it should be with sound.

Hi guys! I have image entity I try to push out of HA so I can use it elsewhere. I was suggested to use go2rct, but I am not able to configure the image. Tried hundreds of URLs, with no luck. I think the image entity might not be supported, any suggestions how to do it guys?
The image entity is from BambuLab integration, that is pulling the image from the A1 camera, which is not so easy to pull differently for me.

Hello all! I’m in need of help with an issue I have. Long story short, I cannot get my 2K cams to stream on my Samsung Tab A8 or A9+ tablets, only substreams will work on those tablets. However, the main streams work perfectly fine on my desktop browsers, the iphone/ipads, and even a Lenovo M10 plus 3rd Gen budget tablet.

I’ve tried everything I can to make this work, but to no avail. It seems my last option is to try and use ffmpeg transcoding to try and transcode the stream to something that hopefully works with the tablets. Ideally I don’t want to do this option, but it might be the only way this might work.

I am very unfamiliar with writing codes for go2rtc, so please guide me like I’m a total noob.

Some necessary details :

1. My camera is a Tapo C120. I connect to it in HA via Onvif, via “onvif://username:[email protected]:2020?subtype=profile_1”

2. I use webrtc camera to add cameras streams to my dashboard.

3. I use Fully Kiosk Browser on my android tablets. Just for reference, VLC player on these tablets can stream the main stream without any issues. And as mentioned above, I can also stream the main stream on the Lenovo M10 plus 3rd Gen tablet via FKB as well.

Any help is really appreciated, either if it solves playing the main stream on the Samsung tablet without transcoding, or helping me set up the transcoding itself. Thank you.