Gocontrol multisensor :- motion status wouldn't change

I have Nortek/GoControl Z-Wave & Zigbee USB Adaptor and GoControl Z-Wave PIR Motion Detector - WAPIRZ-1. able to get the adapter to work with HA community help (especially Tinkerer). able to add a few zigbee light. but when I try to add the GoControl Z-Wave PIR Motion Detector - WAPIRZ-1, it seem the add without problem, temperature work, alarm type, level and burglar work fine, i can tell that because each time i open the sensor cover, the burglar status change to 3, i close it it change to 2. except motion. the motion status is always no, even i put the sensor inside the box for day, it still indicate on. after i change the status to off, it will stay off, even i have the sensor in front of me.
below is the 7 entities i have after adding the node:
1.) binary_sensor.linear_wapirz1_motion_sensor_sensor
2.) sensor.linear_wapirz1_motion_sensor_alarm_level
3.) sensor.linear_wapirz1_motion_sensor_alarm_type
4.) sensor.linear_wapirz1_motion_sensor_burglar
5.) sensor.linear_wapirz1_motion_sensor_sourcenodeid
6.) sensor.linear_wapirz1_motion_sensor_temperature
7.) zwave.linear_wapirz1_motion_sensor

I remote and ad the node multiple times, still same result.

at beginning, i thought maybe i bought a defective product, so I ordered another GoControl Z-Wave PIR Motion Detector - WAPIRZ-1, some result, then i thought i bought a defective Nortek/GoControl Z-Wave & Zigbee USB Adaptor. i bought a Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5, Z-Wave Plus USB, still same result.

I disable the zwave from Nortek/GoControl Z-Wave & Zigbee USB Adaptor, and use the the Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5, Z-Wave Plus USB.
Able to add node, every other sensor bsuch as temperature and burglar look fine except the motion. it would change status.

try for weeks, still unable to make the motion to work!! :frowning:

Is one have any idea what have i did wrong?

Please help. without able to make motion sensor to work, my home automation is half automation… very sad…

i just bought a aeotec multisensor 6, same problem.

which sensor are you looking at for motion?

for gocontrol, i look at
1.) binary_sensor.linear_wapirz1_motion_sensor_sensor

for aeotect i look at
binary_sensor.aeotec_zw100_multisensor_6_sensor

the entities for eaotec is

1. binary_sensor.aeotec_zw100_multisensor_6_sensor
  2. sensor.aeotec_zw100_multisensor_6_alarm_level
  3. sensor.aeotec_zw100_multisensor_6_alarm_type
  4. sensor.aeotec_zw100_multisensor_6_burglar
  5. sensor.aeotec_zw100_multisensor_6_relative_humidity
  6. sensor.aeotec_zw100_multisensor_6_sourcenodeid
  7. sensor.aeotec_zw100_multisensor_6_temperature
  8. sensor.aeotec_zw100_multisensor_6_ultraviolet
  9. zwave.aeotec_zw100_multisensor_6

Sometimes the burglar sensor will change instead look to see if one of the burglar sensors change when you move in front of the sensor?

let me try now

let me try on both gocontrol and aeotec

for gocontrol, the burglar will change from 2 to 3 every time i open the cover, switch back to 2 after i close the cover for a while.

for eaotec, after i hide the sensor in the box for a while, the burglar value change to 0, then i move it, he value change to 3, let me hide it again.

No don’t pick it up that’s what causes it to change for the burglar alarm, just move in front of it.

1 Like

o.k, let me move it to some other place that i don’t have to move the sensor

after the burglar value change to 0, i move my hand in front of sensor, it change the value to 8.

after a while, it change to 0 and i move my hand in front, it change to 8 again. great. thanks a lot for your help. how about gocontrol?
but at automation how shall I set the state?

seem like gocontrol motion is at alarm level, 0 = no motion, 255 =motion. gocontrol is few second slower than aeotec

thanks keithh666. you solve my weeks long problem. i will move now to figure out how to set the state and automation. will post again if i have problem. Great HA community. Great help. I think i pick the right platform.

1 Like

Please mark it as solved for others to find :slight_smile:

1 Like

how to mark it solved>
i have one below but i didn’t mark it solved.

i have one other topic solved but did mark solved