Google Assistant - Account Linking Failed

mines back to being broken. worked for a bit. no idea why

Seems to be a problem with Google

I am having the same issue, added a few more devices this evening and the “sync my devices” command worked for all my acounts other than my Assistant App. So I unlinked the app and now it says “Account linkning failed” when I try and re-add.

It happened to me a month or so ago and just started working again, but no idea why.

Anyone got any clues?

Are you on 65.6?
I had the same thing yesterday after upgrading, I’ve downgraded to 64.3 and it’s working again

Thanks for the advice.

I’m on version 0.65.5.

I have Hassio on a raspberry pi, how do I downgrade?

SSH into your pi and type

curl -d '{"version": "0.64.3"}' http://hassio/homeassistant/update

Thanks SO much! This worked a treat!

Thank you very much. This was my issue also. Got it to work now.

anyone know if this is being worked on?

If nobody has opened an issue then it’s likely the developers don’t know there’s a problem…

So, to get it worked on, somebody needs to open an issue, and others need to add any relevant supporting information.

If anyone still has this issue, do you have multiple google accounts on your phone?

for some reason, it works only with a phone that has only google account that you created the homeassistant project with in the google console.

edit: using an android emulator from Android Studio also works
edit: nfh’s solution might also work - share your test app with the other accounts on your phone so they have access to it as well

No I have multiple Gmail accounts configured on my iPhone in the Google Home app. The Google assistant integration works fine for me.

*- was referring to android phones

I am having the exact same problem, and as a matter of fact I do have several google accounts configured on the phone, namely the one where I created the app.

Is there a workaround to solve this? I do not want to remove accounts from my phone.

Just to say that in the meantime I shared the Google project with another google account of my own that I also have on my android phone (the main one that I use) and after adding the [test] my app to Google Home I managed to make it work.

Just don’t ask me what I did differently, because I don’t know :).

1 Like

Ok, I just migrated to HassOS and got this issue. No joy trying to adding this using my phone. Without any other android devices lying around I decided to use BlueStacks and it worked!!! My Hassio is now integrated with google assistant again!

Seems like a bug somewhere on Google’s end. Doesn’t make sense that you can link with some devices and others you can’t. I’ve a strong feeling this is an issue with Android 9.0 Pie.

Does exists a way to debug this all process ?
I followed every step located at : https://www.home-assistant.io/components/google_assistant/
More than once, to be honest…

Tried with differents devices and still getting “Account Linking failed”!

I have this problem: When adding test to Google Assistance, after login screen, just before browser turns back to Google Assistance, it reads Account Linking Failed, then it goes to Google Assistance and reads Couldn't update the settings. Check your connection. I just used several hours trying everything I could find online, including several devices, new projects, clearing cache, making sure only the account with which project was created is on the phone etc. etc. Nothing works.

I wonder why this guide is using Client Secret and Token URL, it seams as if the developers need to update the whole component and guide in order for it to correspond to the current design by Google. Maybe someone could ask them to do so. Maybe they are not aware.

I really hope somebody comes up with a solution to this!

It’s using them because prior to 0.80(?) it didn’t support OAuth and it needed them. The whole component has been updated.

It’s easy to miss some steps out and the section you are referring to is for people that used the OLD method, not for someone setting up a new integration so perhaps you followed the wrong part of the guide?

I am not sure what you mean. I am referring to First time setup bullet 2. sub-bullet 4. and 6.