Google Assistant and Climate type entities not controllable in 2023.5.x

What is local continuity?

It’s just a way to make a faster response with google assistant like without going to the server for a response

The problem still exists with 2023.5.3, Signing out and into the Nabu Casa Account in Home Assistant Cloud settings still works as a workaround for me.

1 Like

Same, the problem is still there

Same, looks like issue returned for me.

Issue resolved itself for about 2 days, now it’s back. Darn!

Already sent an email to Nabu Casa, no response from them

Still broken in 2023.5.4

1 Like

I’ve seen on another feed that you need to go into entities and then re-expose the climate entities to voice assistant in settings. Goto voice assistants submenu and on the following page you will probably see google assistant switched off, switch in on. This has worked for me. You need to resync google assistant afterwards and they reappear.

Thanks, but that is a different problem that also occurred after 2023.5.0. It may also be needed if people haven’t already done it.
See the original post - this about a problem with Climate devices specifically even after performing that fix.
Are you not experiencing the problem?
Are you using Nabu Casa?
Does it keep working after you reboot Home Assistant?

After upgrading to 2023.5.0 a number of my entities like lights, fans and climate stopped being exposed to Google Assistant, so I went in and enabled them.
This fix the problem for the Lights and Fans but Climate devices, like air conditioning cannot be controlled.

I was experiencing that problem but I can control climate after re-exposing to google home . Using nabu casa. HA core 2023.5.4. Climate entities reappear after reboot of HA.

Has anyone tried 2023.6.0 yet? Maybe fixed?

Problem persists. Sign out and sign in doesn’t fix the problem.

I have upgraded to 2023.6.0 and 2023.6.1 and the problem has been resolved for me. HA team have applied a workaround in 2023.6.0 which disables Google Assistant local control for climate devices. When local control information was registered with Google it seemed to break control of the climate devices, causing the problem for me and some others.

The bug report has been resolved also.
Climate control is not working with google assistant · Issue #92661 · home-assistant/core (github.com)

Disable google assistant local control of climate entities by emontnemery · Pull Request #94153 · home-assistant/core (github.com)

If anyone is still having problems, there may be something else causing it. Raise a new issue report in Git Hub with debug logs. There is some information about enabling debug logs in the comments of the Issue #92661.

After I signed out and signed in a few times, it works now. Not sure what was wrong. Still on 2023.6.0