Google Assistant and Climate type entities not controllable in 2023.5.x

After upgrading to 2023.5.0 a number of my entities like lights, fans and climate stopped being exposed to Google Assistant, so I went in and enabled them.
This fix the problem for the Lights and Fans but Climate devices, like air conditioning cannot be controlled. Google Assistant reports that the “Sorry it looks like Lounge AC isn’t available right now”, when using the devices via the Google Home application they appear but they cannot be controlled.
Has anyone else seen this problem with climate type devices and Google Assistant after the upgrade?

3 Likes

Same issue here.
Lights TV etc is working fine, I am having issue is with Airco’s and Tado.

1 Like

Try to relink and reauthenticate Nabu casa in the Google home app. That fixed it for me

SUN573 thanks for your tip. I removed and reinstalled Nabu Casa, but it did not work for the climate devices. Climate devices: From HA to Google Home is working, Google Home to HA is not.

Same here, my climate devices which are air conditioning doesn’t work, the other devices have no problem at all

1 Like

I have the impression updating to 2023.5.2 fixed the issue.
I can now control climate devices again with Google home and Google Assistant. Changing temprature in Google home is working, only with a small delay before I see changes in HA and Google Home.

I’m on 2023.5.2 and still doesn’t work

Experiencing the same. No climate entities reporting to google home 2023.5.2

@raigeiki55 has created a bug for this in Github.

Just got mine working by signing out of Nabu Casa within Home Assistant and signing in again.
Then for good measure, via voice I asked Google Assistant to sync devices “OK Google Sync devices”.
BTW I had upgraded to 2023.5.2 previously and the problem did not go away, but my light, ac etc stopped being exposed to Google Assistant so had to go through that process for a 2nd time (1st time after upgrading to 2023.5.0)

– CORRECTION THIS ONLY WORKED UNTIL HA WAS REBOOTED –

This worked for me as well and only started working after I had google assistant sync devices.

Well it worked but after restarting Home Assistant, the problem returned, I just do retry the process of signing out and on again to have the aircons working again.

I hope in the next version they can fix this

Your right, mine stopped working same as yours, after I rebooted HA. Had to signout/in and sync again to fit it.
Looks like it’s needed after each HA reboot.

Have raised a support request with Nabu Casa as well, incase its an incompatibility there with HA 2023.5.

1 Like

Yes, all my climate entities (homekit) do not respond to any “set” commands such as set temperature, set humidity, set HVAC mode commands via Google Home. Voice / Google Home UI both don’t work. When using the Google Home UI the setpoint reverts back after a few seconds.

Asking for temperature/humidity works fine. The devices are exposed to Google Home as normal. Reconnecting the nabu casa account made no difference.

Everything else working fine.

I have climate entities via the Tesla, SmartIR (HACS), and ECHONETLite (HACS) integrations all with the problem. No homekit climate entities so I don’t think that the integration vendor in the HA layer is relevant. All have the same problem.
Good point on being able to see the current setpoint (asking). If the AC unit is on, I can actually see the current mode and temperature in the Google Home app but can’t change it.

1 Like

Our experience seems to be the same at JUNA. I’m on 2023.5.2.

Syncing Devices, or signing out of the integration and signing back in on Google Home does not even temporarily fix the issue. Have not and will not try recreating the home for now.

1 Like

Question: Are we all using YAML eg “cloud:” & Nabu Casa Cloud for integrating Google Home?

YAML: No - I don’t have cloud: in my YAML if thats what you mean?
Nabu Casa Cloud: Yes

1 Like

Gotcha - so not related to doing it through yaml.

Done making a ticket for this, also when doing sign out sign in process, local continuity doesn’t work, so i hope they can fix it so i can work again with local continuity