Google Assistant API Key

Hi,

I am having trouble to select the right API key for Google Assistant…

can someone help me out?

I think the right one is the one called API Key 3.
You also need the right Project ID and your HA to be accessible from internet with a valid ssl certificate.

Regards

Hi,

Well, I am using that one, rebooted HA (got SSL etc). Google Home works but won’t sync new devices…
This is the error I find in the logs:

2018-12-09 13:42:01 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.google_assistant] request_sync request failed: 400 b’{\n “error”: {\n “code”: 400,\n “message”: “API key not valid. Please pass a valid API key.”,\n “status”: “INVALID_ARGUMENT”,\n “details”: [\n {\n “@type”: “type.googleapis.com/google.rpc.Help”,\n “links”: [\n {\n “description”: “Google developers console”,\n “url”: “https://console.developers.google.com”\n }\n ]\n }\n ]\n }\n}\n’

Hi,

I’m having the same problem as @JanLankhorst. Can’t sync devices with google_assistant.request_sync command. The only solution that i found is to unlink and relink the [test]app. The SSL is good and Google Home work’s. Any solution would be appreciated.

I did the procedure again and upgrade HA to the latest version… Solved the problem and has been working ever since.