Google Assistant App (Multiuser)

@cameron Sure, send me your gmail.

I’m seeing the same problem that dweez reported. I get as far as selecting the categories and hitting next. In the next screen when I tap to expand the entities to select, I get nothing.

Looking in the Home Assistant log I see the following message when I click next, so it looks like it’s authenticating
2018-03-19 11:34:06 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.http.view] Serving /api/states to 91.121.xx.xx (auth: True)

Do I need to disable the google_assistant component first before trying this?

@mbrig73 i do not see any entities getting pulled. i will run this manually again to see what is going on.

@mbrig73 can you please goto https://controlthe.space/index.php?hass_entities (login first) and click on Get Entities? Let me know if you get any error msg.

-Dennis

After going to the link I was able to retrieve the entities and it’s all working now. Thanks

Thanks Dennis all working now.

I had the HA Google Assistant config installed so i took it off and your config worked…

Hi,

I get this when I select my Google Account in the app:

Notice: Undefined index: gender in /var/www/virtual/controlthe.space/htdocs/index.php on line 39 Notice: Undefined index: link in /var/www/virtual/controlthe.space/htdocs/index.php on line 42 Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘PDOException’ with message ‘SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1048 Column ‘gender’ cannot be null’ in /var/www/virtual/controlthe.space/htdocs/conf/conf_v1.php:241 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/virtual/controlthe.space/htdocs/conf/conf_v1.php(241): PDOStatement->execute() #1 /var/www/virtual/controlthe.space/htdocs/index.php(44): User->checkUser(Array) #2 {main} thrown in /var/www/virtual/controlthe.space/htdocs/conf/conf_v1.php on line 241

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

@tremebundo yes you were using the web version :slight_smile: But thanks for pointing out the error on this. This is fixed now. If you want to join the beta just send me a PM with your gmail.

-Dennis

@JustMe0815 I’m trying to set up the app but run into a problem. I can select all entities, but instead of the grey “let me in” button, I get the message “google is requiring access to your basic profile information”.

Also the grey button with “next” in the beginning is not visible for me, only the black text “next” is displayed which is a bit hard to see.

I’m using an Iphone btw.

I got your invitation, but I do not know how to install the app into the phone. The link you sent me take me to the Google Actions page.
And then?

@tremebundo Now, open up the google home app -> Home Control -> click on PLUS -> [test] Control The Space

@Try2Fly sounds like that you are using an old version of the app. Make sure to flush cache before trying this again. (Thanks for letting me know with the iphone no button issue, i will look into this)

I’ve just cleared the cache of Safari and it all works now. Even the grey buttons are present! Thanks!
Are you also looking into having multiple alternative names for entities?

what do you mean by alternative names? you can set nicknames in your app after you linked your account.

It is only possible to set one nickname per entity right? When using the Google component of Hass you have the possibility to set multiple aliases. For example I can also refer to my blinds as shades, or call my “dinnertable lamp” as “table light” etc. That way you don’t have to remember the specific name of all entities.

you can still do this in your customize file.

Almost there…
Now I get this that way:

Notice: Undefined index: link in /var/www/virtual/controlthe.space/htdocs/authorize.php on line 58 Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘PDOException’ with message ‘SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1048 Column ‘link’ cannot be null’ in /var/www/virtual/controlthe.space/htdocs/conf/conf_v1.php:241 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/virtual/controlthe.space/htdocs/conf/conf_v1.php(241): PDOStatement->execute() #1 /var/www/virtual/controlthe.space/htdocs/authorize.php(61): User->checkUser(Array) #2 {main} thrown in /var/www/virtual/controlthe.space/htdocs/conf/conf_v1.php on line 241

looks like you all don’t fill out anything when you signed up with google LOL. i made all of them now optional.

So like in the old way? They recently changed the google assistant component so that the aliases are no longer in the customize file, but in the google component itselve

# Example configuration.yaml entry
google_assistant:
  project_id: someproject-2d0b8
  client_id: [long URL safe random string]
  access_token: [a different long URL safe random string]
  agent_user_id: [a string to identify user]
  api_key: [a Homegraph API Key generated for the Google Actions project]
  exposed_domains:
    - switch
    - light
    - group
  entity_config:
    switch.kitchen:
      name: Custom Name for Google Assistant
      aliases:
        - bright lights
        - entry lights
    light.living_room:
      expose: false
      room: living room

Can you provide an exampe? because I deleted all google assistant options in my customize file.

did you have in your app for example 2 lights, one called bright lights and one entry lights?