I am struggling with the Google Assistant component (link.
I do not have a Google Home device, but am led to believe that this component will allow me to use Google Assistant (“OK, Google”) on my several Android devices to control some of my home via Home Assistant. So first off, please someone let me know if I am wrong in that use case.
I went through the configuration described in the link above and towards the end I here is what happens. I get to the part where on my Android device I open the Google app and navigate to Settings -> Google Assistant -> Assistant -> Home control -> press press plus button to add new device. And here is what happens:
- I find the device called “[test] my test app” and select that
- I get sent to my browser and am presented with my Home Assistant authentication page and enter my user name and password.
- I get sent back to the Google Assistant configuration and see a very brief message flash at bottom of screen that says “Successfully linked your [test] my test app”.
- However, nothing new shows up under devices in Google Assistant
- No commands seem to be working through Google Assistant (though I admit I have no idea exactly what voice commands are valid here. As you see in my config I’ll paste at the end, I only added one entity, called “worklight” in order to test this concept. So on my Android device I am trying “OK, Google, turn on worklight” and nothing at all happens.
I am uncertain where to look next for troubleshooting. Any help would be greatly appreciate.
(I don’t know why but the leading spaces are not showing up correctly above, but indentation is NOT the problem, it is formatted correctly on my system and I get no errors/warning when checking the config files.)