Google Assistant Error on Request Sync

I’m getting the following error when trying to request_sync with google assistant. Anyone seen this?

2017-12-13 14:51:15 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.google_assistant] request_sync request failed: 400 b'{\n  "error": {\n    "code": 400,\n    "message": "Request contains an invalid argument.",\n    "status": "INVALID_ARGUMENT"\n  }\n}\n'

Hmm - found this on the component page:

The request_sync service requires that the initial sync from Google includes the agent_user_id. If not, the service will log an error that reads something like “Request contains an invalid argument”. If this happens, then unlink the account from Home Control and relink.

Which is all well and good - but it has worked in the past so I’m not sure why it would stop now. Trying this as a fix.

Just in case anyone reach here for the same reason. you need to unlink and relink every account associate to the google home project before the request sync works again

Why? If you do that you will need to redo all settings again?

Anyone have any tips for what to do when you can’t relink your account?
Seems like the Google Actions no longer manages to connect to home assistant, even though all previous devices worked before unlinking. Seems like it fails during authorization, but I’m sure I haven’t changed anything.

I’m having the same request_sync and now linking issue, home assistant is no longer offered as a linkable account after unlinking on 0.62.

I had this problem as well. There was an error on the app in the Google console. Edit, save, republish fixed it for me.

2 Likes

Yep that did the trick! Looks like “App Assistant Introduction” was added as a new mandatory field under the details section, though the error read “Error in English.” Adding the intro fixed everything and made the option available to link again in my Google Home app.

Where do you do this? I have ‘App information - Incomplete app information in English’ but it’s still there even after saving.

Its the same for me, did you solve it?

Yes, just ‘unpair’ your test app in Google home and add it again. Then everything worked and I could rerun the sync service.

2 Likes

Yep, tried that and it solved the problem :slight_smile:

I have tried that many times now but I can never (have never at all been able to) get the request_sync to work. I always get the error:

2018-04-15 14:29:12 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.google_assistant] request_sync request failed: 400 b’{\n “error”: {\n “code”: 400,\n “message”: “Request contains an invalid argument.”,\n “status”: “INVALID_ARGUMENT”\n }\n}\n’

Any ideas other than to keep unlinking and re-linking? I’m getting a bit sick of having to do it every time my config changes to include more devices etc…

Could you point me to where in the console you did this? For some reason I can’t find how to edit/republish etc.

Still having this issue - would you please be able to post where in the google console you found these options to edit, save, and republish? Thank you.

Hi, i have the same issue,

https://console.actions.google.com/?pli=1

Click ‘Actions’ --> click ‘Test’

That should redeploy your test application

Hi,
Thank you for your replay :slight_smile:
i did it and receive the same error
request_sync request failed: 404 b’{\n “error”: {\n “code”: 404,\n “message”: “Requested entity was not found.”,\n “status”: “NOT_FOUND”\n }\n}\n’

solve it
by 1. Open the Google Home app and go into Account > Settings > Assistant > Home Control .
2. Click the + sign, and near the bottom, you should have [test] your app name listed under ‘Add new.’ Selecting that should lead you to a browser to login your Home Assistant instance, then redirect back to a screen where you can set rooms for your devices or nicknames for your devices

As far as my Google Home App goes - on my Galaxy S22+ mobile phone - your description seems inaccurate and/or incomplete. First of all, there’s nothing in the App called Account but I guess what you mean is clicking on the avatar picture which takes you to the account page. Once there, no Settings option exists, but there’s one named Assistant-Settings which takes you to a new page sectioned into Popular Settings followed by All Settings. Way down in the list under All Settings there’s an option named Home Control which takes you to a page with two sections; First an overview of whatever services you may already have linked, followed by an insanely long alphabetically sorted section of new services that may be added. But there’s no + sign anywhere. However, the [test] your app name is the first item in the Linked services list (on the top) and not in the Add new section. But pressing that does not take me to any browser page, it just gives me another pop-up wit the following two options:

Reconnect account
Unlink account

Choosing any one of those two is surely going to create trouble, as many others in this thread has already experienced; Never unlink a working account! Getting back up is sometimes impossible.
So, as far as I’m concerened, your proposed “solution” needs clarifications.
Until then, I choose to live with the No configuration for request_sync available error message.