Google Assistant Fails to Connect

Hi all, I’ve been searching for hours and can’t find how to fix this. I’ve followed the Google Assistant integration guide 3 times and when I go to my Google Home app > Link an account > Continue, my URL errors out “This site can’t be reached.” Not sure what’s going on as I can reach my HA setup remotely without issue, so I’m assuming it’s something in my redirects. Any help is greatly appreciated, please tell me what to upload and I’ll get it shared.

I had this the other day. I turned off ad blocking on my pihole and it connected. Still works now with ad blocking enabled again. So may be that will help.

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I only have adblock on my phone (not on my network) and I did try turning it off. No luck fixing this.

More details:

• Under the setup docs, there’s this comment: “Verify that the Google Assistant is available on https://[YOUR HOME ASSISTANT URL:PORT]/api/google_assistant If it is working it should return 405: Method Not Allowed when opened in a browser or via curl.”

Google Assistant - Home Assistant.

I can confirm that I cannot reach that api/google_assistant part of the URL at all, getting the error page listed above. So definitely something there, causing this issue.

Aren’t you using the wrong port, default one is 8123

holy crap you’re right. thank you thank you thank you.

1 Like