Google Assistant garage door pin code

Hi,

I’m using the following code for my garagedoor (ESPHome). The strange thing is when I ask Google to open the garage, the garage opens immediately, than after 1 sec google asks for my pincode and when I give my pincode it sends the open command again making the garagedoor stop …
If possible I would like to remove the pincode completely, but I’m not sure if that is possible with the “garagedoor cover”
Can anyone help me out?

cover:
  - platform: template
    name: "Garage"
    lambda: |-
      if (id(top_end_stop).state) {
        return COVER_OPEN;
      } else {
        return COVER_CLOSED;
      }
    open_action:
      - switch.turn_on: relay
      - delay: 500ms
      - switch.turn_off: relay
    close_action:
      - switch.turn_on: relay
      - delay: 500ms
      - switch.turn_off: relay

Maybe just remove the code :thinking:

Already tried that with no luck. Than google keeps asking for the pin but there is no pin …

Do you found a solution for this? I have the exact same setup. I now have a new bluetooth headset for my motorcycle, would be nice if i can just yell in my helmet to open the garagedoor :sweat_smile:

I’m running into the same issue currently. I set up Nabu Casa subscription and exposed all the (secure and non-secure) entities successfully. However there is no way to add a secure devices pin in the UI as shown in the official documentation

Here’s what I see

Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

I got it working. See the picture. It’s in configuration.yaml

I don’t have the mabu casa way but the traditional way through Cloudflare.

That’s a good solution if you want to have your own google cloud project. I used to do it the same way till about a few days ago while I was using my own gcp smart home project. I got tired of 404 errors on sync and the fixes didn’t seem to work anymore. I used duckdns and I read somewhere that google requests doesn’t play well with duckdns[I have no proof of this], so decided to pay for Nabu Casa to simplify things and support the devs :slight_smile:

In the configuration.yaml, if you use google_assistant:
project_id,
service_account,
private_key

are all required fields and only keeping secure_devices_pin fails the configuration checker. If you have a NabuCasa subscription, you don’t need a Google Cloud project anymore.

But, I still have my old cloud project as a backup. I can try keeping my old project_id and entering my secure_devices_pin just in case and report back if that works with a more detailed description.

Edit: grammar mistakes. sorry

Uh, not sure what I did, but I can see the security device box in the Google Assistant Settings!!

Update: The issue was me lol. I thought I had connected the “Home Assistant Cloud skill for Google Assistant” for my Google Home, but I forgot I unlinked it after doing some cleaning up of the Google Home app. Once I properly re-linked the skill again on my Google Home app, it started working as expected.

All good. Hope it helps someone in the future.