Google assistant integration via Cloudflared leading to “could not reach [app]” error – error log indicates it’s something related to parsing the json file

A am trying to link my home assistant to google assistant. I am using Cloudflare and I can access my HA through my domain.

Although, I’m getting the the could not reach error when trying to add the device. i am able to login and go through HA 2factor

Looking at the google console error log, it seems to be something related to the authentication, more specifically, while parsing the json file:

configuration.yaml

google_assistant:
  project_id: homeass-54949
  service_account: !include SERVICE_ACCOUNT.json
  report_state: true

SERVICE_ACCOUNT.json: (removed the details)

{
  "type":"service_account",
  "project_id":"XXX~~~YYY",
  "private_key_id":"XXX~~~YYY",
  "private_key":"-----BEGIN PRIVATE KEY-----\XXX~~~YYY----END PRIVATE KEY-----\n",
  "client_email":"XXX~~~YYY",
  "client_id":"XXX~~~YYY",
  "auth_uri":"XXX~~~YYY",
  "token_uri":"https://oauth2.googleapis.com/token",
  "auth_provider_x509_cert_url":"XXX~~~YYY",
  "client_x509_cert_url":"XXX~~~YYY"
}

^ service account file is at the same folder as config.yaml

I’m not sure if it’s a problem on Clouflared settings, i added a rule to enable google domains and traffic from US

I think I’m facing same issue…

same issue here…

Same issue here

I am having the same issue, just when passing the credentials. However I will bring now some light so maybe we can solve the issue.
If you check the logs on the google cloud, you can find that the payload(the response the google home gets) is not the expected Json. You can see what is it. In my case is the cloudflare access page, so I would need to bypass it sonehow.