Google Assistant SDK Commands to Skills?

I have setup the new google assistant SDK integration and it is working perfectly for sending commands like “Turn off the living room light”. But when I try and talk to another app (or skill?) it doesn’t seem to work. For example I can physically talk to my google assistant and say “Ask Sleep Tracker to set my bed to the flat position” and google will hand the question off to sleep tracker and my bed goes flat. But if I instead send that exact command over text using this new integration nothing happens and I do not know how to look into google assistant to see where it stops or gets hung up.

+1 to this… I was very excited when I saw the Google Assistant SDK integration so I could use it exactly for this. I’ll try to dig into the python and see what I can find.

Well, I found this in the logs:

2023-01-28 22:47:35.460 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.google_assistant_sdk.helpers] command: ask sleeptracker to set my bed to tv position
response: To let me read out that information, turn on personal results in the Google Home app.
Goodbye

So, I’m going to assume it’s not supported since it mentions in the known limitations that “queries for personal results don’t work” (and the log mentions personal results).

Getting personal results to work is tracked in Google Assistant SDK not managing to get access to personal results · Issue #85282 · home-assistant/core · GitHub
There is a pending pull request: Google Assistant SDK: allow credentials from json to allow personal results by tronikos · Pull Request #88871 · home-assistant/core · GitHub