Google Calendar Event Integration Question

I’m trying to set up a reminder using the Google Calendar event integration. I’ve got it to working, but the documentation (https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/calendar.google/) says that message will have the search values extracted and that is not what I’m seeing.

My google_calendar.yaml is as follows:

- cal_id: j*********[email protected]
  entities:
  - device_id: j*********r_gmail_com
    ignore_availability: true
    name: j*********[email protected]
    track: true
  - device_id: household_reminders
    name: Household Reminders
    track: true
    search: "#Reminders"

The only way I can get it to work is by having the entire string, including #Reminders in the template.

Is this a bug or do I not understand the documentation?

Thanks

Hi @Didgeridrew. Did you get to the bottom of this? I’m seeing the same issue where the search term still remains in the message and is not removed despite what the documentation states.

After a little trial and error, I found that you don’t have to put the search term in the heading/message of the event; you can put it in the notes section of the event and it will still be sorted into the correct calendar in Home Assistant.

It’s not working the way the docs say it should, but this work-around is good enough for my uses… There seems to be a backlog of issues with this integration on github, but feel free to throw in your 2¢… I went ahead and opened an issue:
Google Calendar Event integration: message not working as described in docs · Issue #49351 · home-assistant/core · GitHub.

Still an issues as of 11th Jan 2022!