Google Cast devices generating errors each night

every night roughly the same time of night i get these in the log… any ideas…
my devices are found by an integration, all working well apart from this really?

[Day Room TV:8009] Heartbeat timeout, resetting connection

3:41 AM /usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pychromecast/socket_client.py (WARNING) - message first occured at March 30, 2019, 4:39 PM and shows up 2 times

[Day Room display:8009] Heartbeat timeout, resetting connection

2:32 AM /usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pychromecast/socket_client.py (WARNING) - message first occured at March 30, 2019, 2:32 PM and shows up 2 times

[Speakers:8009] Heartbeat timeout, resetting connection

2:02 AM /usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pychromecast/socket_client.py (WARNING) - message first occured at March 30, 2019, 4:43 PM and shows up 2 times

[Door bell:8009] Heartbeat timeout, resetting connection

2:01 AM /usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pychromecast/socket_client.py (WARNING) - message first occured at March 30, 2019, 9:27 AM and shows up 26 times

There were problems with Google cast devices before that they disappeared after some time in HA and showed as “Unavailable”. You had to restart to get them back. The fix has made it so when the heartbeat goes out on one cast device HA now reconnects to it. That’s why you get an error. Totally normal and pretty much unavoidable!

thanks for that clarification - no problem - i’ll just ignore !

is this still normal? i always have it each night around the same time, for all my google/cast devices :slight_smile:

This is when Google devices upgrade their firmware and reboot.

Every night?

No :frowning:
You sleep- they too :slight_smile:
Honestly IDK as I have seen it always in my logs… and all works OK.
Best, JR

Pretty much. I glance at the version every once in a while, and they update, or at least reboot, every night.

ok, thx for info :slight_smile: