Google Cast Devices Unavailable After Restart

Hello,

My chromecast and Google speaker are no longer available, HA on the same subnet, I put their addresses as hosts under cast but to no avail, been using them for years with HA

Please help :nerd_face:

1 Like

I have the same issue. What version of HA are you using?

I was on 110.1, I restored earlier snapshots from 109.6, but still having issues, it’s like they are no longer visible to HA, I had some automations for the speaker, now I’m at my wits end.

I’m finding that restarts randomly restores them, no guarantee, but then they also randomly disappear.

I’ve no idea where to go from here.

I have the same issue. Just updating to 0.110.2 so they may appear after.

Update. I removed the integration and restarted HA. On restart they were discovered and the integration added. They had new entity ID’s but that was quickly fixed in Lovelace.

Still not seeing them, Google cast integration is restored without devices

Some of my devices are fine, while others are unavailable. Ones that were unavailable yesterday are back today. I had recently installed AirCast and wasn’t sure if this is related. Devices still unavailable after uninstalling that addon though.

2 Likes

I reinstalled Virtualbox and reinstalled Homeassistant, after that I loaded the config files from the snapshot excluding Homeassistant version on the snapshot, the speakers were back after this.

I have the following devices

• Google Nest Hub (Wifi)
  • JBL Link Portable ((Wifi)
  • Sony HT-Z9F soundbar (Wired)

The subnet of both wifi and wired are the same 172.16.10.0/24. I am running Mikrotik Router (No WLAN here) and D-Link DIR-890L (solely for Wifi connection). Mikrotik and DIR890L is LAN cable connected.

Whenever I restart HA, every wireless device, i.e. JBL Link and Google Nest Hub becomes unavailable, the wired Sony HT-Z9f alives. I have to reboot the DIR890L every time to bring wireless chromecast devices online in Home Assistant.

Would it be also mDNS related issue between Wifi and Wired?

I recognized that “catt” isnt installed anymore afer restart…