Google Cast Error

Hi, I’ve been using Google cast with Google TTS to tell me if the fridge has been left open etc etc all been working fine until HA update 2024.10, now I get error Error: CastMediaPlayerEntity._quick_play Failed: Failed to execute quick play https://www.home-assistant.io/images/cast/splash.png.
and this
Error: CastMediaPlayerEntity._quick_play Failed: Failed to execute quick play http://192.168.86.50:8123/api/tts_proxy/06dc0da980e73dfe114810e890b182f8609637dc_en_-_google_translate.mp3.
If I send command 2nd time it works ok, any help much appreciated. Mark

3 Likes

I didn’t try running it a second time, I just know it failed in my automation this morning

1 Like

Sure enough ran it twice and it works the second time

Hi. I’m getting this too.
When I go to edit the automation and try to edit the media to play I get this error

Visual editor is not supported for this configuration

• Key ‘service’ is not expected or not supported by the visual editor.

You can still edit your config using YAML.

This since I updated to 2024.10.0 this morning,

I restarted HA and it’s working now

Thanks. Same boat this morning. I’ll restart it…

Hi, I did a reboot and a restart and still have the problem.

I have the same problem. Restarting HA does not work for me. If I run the action the first time, it fails with the message. If I run a second time, it works

Yes, I have seen this myself after update, and even after re-start.

and

I have half of them working, the rest not.

a Tiny solution:
placing a100 milli second delay in your automation before the ttsaction wil solve your problem for now. Not happy about it but it works a bit.

I believe you can replace “service:” with “action:” in your configuration.yaml

Reading the Github it seems that we have a fix that is already merged. We will probably see it in one of the next update.

Edit: Fixed for me in 10.1

Not fixed with 2024.10.1 ~~

1 Like

When I go to edit the automation and that particular action, it says the Visual editor is not supported. It also says it can’t have Action and Service at the same time. Then it displays the YAML which I edit and remove the Service line and save. Then it works, but if I go back to it, the Service line is back and it fails to work. The same if I remove the Action line in the YAML.
It’s like the Visual editor puts it back and then can’t deal with it.

Oh, and I updated to 2024.10.1 this morning and it’s not resolved.