Google Cloud TTS does not work

Hello,
I have been trying to get google_cloud tts to work with no luck.

This is my config:

tts:
  - platform: google_cloud
    key_file: google_tts.json
    voice: tr-TR-Wavenet-D
    encoding: mp3
    speed: 1.1
    pitch: 0
    gain: 0

I’ve also tried to enable the logger component to give me some info with no luck. There are no log outputs.

logger:
  default: info
  logs:
    homeassistant.components.google_cloud: notset

Only log regarding the google cloud platform is this.

INFO (SyncWorker_12) [homeassistant.loader] Loaded google_cloud from homeassistant.components.google_cloud

Any one had any luck with this one? My HASS ver is 0.95.4.

Typing sudo pip install google-cloud-texttospeech==0.4.0 fixed the issue for me.

1 Like

I’m running HA 0.97.2 on Windows (Home Server) and seeing this in the logs:

pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: The 'google-api-core' distribution was not found and is required by the application

Any ideas…?

Any idea what’s happening? I’m getting this error after ssh’ing in to my HASSIO install.

ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1:
 command: /usr/bin/python3.8 -c 'import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = '"'"'/tmp/pip-install-0_3sw1aj/grpcio/setup.py'"'"'; __file__='"'"'/tmp/pip-install-0_3sw1aj/grpcio/setup.py'"'"';f=getattr(tokenize, '"'"'open'"'"', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('"'"'\r\n'"'"', '"'"'\n'"'"');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, '"'"'exec'"'"'))' egg_info --egg-base pip-egg-info
     cwd: /tmp/pip-install-0_3sw1aj/grpcio/
Complete output (13 lines):
/tmp/pip-install-0_3sw1aj/grpcio/src/python/grpcio/commands.py:102: SyntaxWarning: "is not" with a literal. Did you mean "!="?
  if exit_code is not 0:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/tmp/pip-install-0_3sw1aj/grpcio/setup.py", line 190, in <module>
    if check_linker_need_libatomic():
  File "/tmp/pip-install-0_3sw1aj/grpcio/setup.py", line 148, in check_linker_need_libatomic
    cc_test = subprocess.Popen(['cc', '-x', 'c++', '-std=c++11', '-'],
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/subprocess.py", line 854, in __init__
    self._execute_child(args, executable, preexec_fn, close_fds,
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/subprocess.py", line 1702, in _execute_child
    raise child_exception_type(errno_num, err_msg, err_filename)
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'cc'
----------------------------------------

ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1: python setup.py egg_info Check the logs for full command output.

I’m not sure but I think it might have something to do with the pip command. On hassio I can only use pip3 command and the error looks as though it’s trying to run a pip and that might be what’s throwing the error? I have no idea really. I’m a hassio and linux noob so any advice would be helpful

Thanks

Sorry no idea. I don’t have any experience with hass.io.