Google Free android, full version of Companion app stopped working

HI,

I have an android phone without google play services, but has microG installed. the companion app (full version) was working perfectly fine on it until some time ago, with the exception of notification support (which started working - can’t recall whether it was an app update that fixed that or some config on my side).

Anyhow, now it refused to connect with an error stating ‘Unable to connect to homeassistant’.
The funny thing is, if I clear app data and sign-in again, it works for a few minutes before going back to this ‘Unable to connect screen’.
Are there any logs I can review to check what the issue may be?

EDIT:
The behavior is the same with the ‘minimal’ version of the app that is supposed to be Google Play services free.
funky, I still get notifications generated by Homeassistant, even-though the App screen says ‘Unable to connect’

EDIT2:
All sensors are also being updated. I believe it may be one of the UI elements causing the issue, and the error message is misleading, since the app is apparently connected to the HA instance (notifications and sensors both working).

EDIT3:
found the error in logcat:
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: failed to connect to <duckdns domain name>/<IP address> (port 443) from /192.168.1.125 (port 33374) after 10000ms: isConnected failed: ECONNREFUSED

this error looks like either your attempting to use HTTPS over an IP address which means you won’t have a valid certificate or its possible that you are not using the correct Android System Webview with your custom ROM.

thansk @dshokouhi I will continue with the issue I raised on github, will come back and update this ticket once the issue is identified/resolved :slight_smile: