Google Generative AI Conversation integration not creating service

I have added this integration using the API key I got from here. However, I don’t see any service by the name google_generative_ai_conversation being created. The integration says “No devices or entities” under the integration name. Any ideas?

Yes, logs.

Nothing in the core logs. In the debug logs, there is this:

2024-02-17 00:30:15.546 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setting up google_generative_ai_conversation
2024-02-17 00:30:15.546 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of domain google_generative_ai_conversation took 0.0 seconds

In dev tools, does the service appear?

Nope! Nothing there.

Better up the logging then.

How do I “better up” the logging?

Search “logger” in the integrations docs.

Just in case there’s a language barrier here, the original sentence meant “it would be better if you turned up the logging”.

Change the default to debug until you have found the problem.

1 Like

Thanks. Indeed I thought nickrout meant to improve, as in add to, the logging of this integration. Changing logger to debug reveals these logs but still nothing informative:

2024-02-19 11:20:33.668 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Dependency google_generative_ai_conversation will wait for dependencies ['conversation']
2024-02-19 11:20:36.968 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Bus:Handling <Event component_loaded[L]: component=google_generative_ai_conversation>
2024-02-19 11:21:09.434 DEBUG (Recorder) [homeassistant.components.recorder.core] Processing task: EventTask(event=<Event component_loaded[L]: component=google_generative_ai_conversation>)```

The issue is resolved after upgrading to 2024.2.2. Now, the service is present, but the integration still doesn’t show any services.

Sorry for the confusing language.

It seems to only create a ha service. That’s how you use it.