Google Home - Alexa

Hi everybody !

I live in France, and in few months, Google Home will issue in French and I think Alexa too !
I’ve got questions (because I will buy one of them :relieved:) :

Firstly, I saw Google Home a some troubles to listening because it has just 2 microphones, does it true ?

And the second question is about both : when you tell an order (exemple : turn on living room light), what is the delay between the order and the action ?
I think it isn’t instantly ! But if there are 5 or 7 seconds delay, I think we will never use it…

Do you know if it exists something with a RPi which is the same thing as Google Home but localy ?

thank you in advance !!

I can’t speak to the Google Home question, but there is virtually no delay between issuing a command to Alexa and having that command carried out.

i have google home to control my hue bridge it takes like 1-2 seconds it is faster than siri but again its controlling the bridge with out homeassistant… then i got cheap RGB strip light and i use google home, IFTTT, and Homeassistant to change colors this set up takes about 2-4 secondse delay hope it helps

I have both. My Google Home works way better IMO than my Alexa. Alex does seem to listen better sometimes, and I have run into a couple of issues with the Google Home microphone, but it hasn’t been a problem lately.

Alexa - lots of “skills” but a bit trickier in recognition than the Home
GHome - picks my Frenchy-ish accent quite perfectly, but limited in terms of skills
“Equivalent” with an RPi : http://www.openjarvis.com/

I put quotes, because it can be far better from a privacy perspective (when not using Google or MS engines), but really far from a usability perspective (delays, voice recognition, etc.)

Is there any guides to getting google home to work with the alexa emulator? I can’t get it to work at all!