Google Home & Amazon Echo

darn it !!! just updated to 0.44 this morning

ehhh, yep, that’s the problem. If you do not need the extra components of 0.44 you can revert to 0.43.2

Just downgrade your HA using this:
Input which version you want.

sudo pip3 install homeassistant==0.XX.X

Thank you. I have downgraded now to 0.43.2
i get

2017-05-08 12:38:52 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 233, in _step
result = coro.throw(exc)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 60, in async_setup_component
return (yield from task)
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/futures.py”, line 388, in iter
yield self # This tells Task to wait for completion.
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 286, in _wakeup
value = future.result()
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/futures.py”, line 277, in result
raise self._exception
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 237, in _step
result = next(coro)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 140, in _async_setup_component
component = loader.get_component(domain)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/loader.py”, line 141, in get_component
module = importlib.import_module(path)
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/importlib/init.py”, line 109, in import_module
return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
File “”, line 2254, in _gcd_import
File “”, line 2237, in _find_and_load
File “”, line 2226, in _find_and_load_unlocked
File “”, line 1200, in _load_unlocked
File “”, line 1129, in _exec
File “”, line 1471, in exec_module
File “”, line 321, in _call_with_frames_removed
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/emulated_hue/init.py”, line 55, in
DOMAIN: cv.ordered_dict({
AttributeError: ‘module’ object has no attribute ‘ordered_dict’
in the log file.

Ignore my last message please… turns out the downgrade hadnt worked so was still running 0.44.0. once i moved to 0.43.2 all seems to be working in terms of being able to see responses on http://192.168.1.XX:8301/api/pi/lights
http://192.168.1.XX/api/pi/lights
http://192.168.1.XX/description.xml
and http://192.168.1.XX:8301/description.xml.
i will test once i get home if i can see them on GH and Alexa discovery. Fingers crossed. will let you all know
Hopefully there will be an update which enables this to work with future versions.

I bought a physical Google Home today and want to get it as well as my rPi Google Assistant integrated. I set the multiple emulated hue back up but am not getting anything for the GH. I see a comment above that it wasn’t working after the 0.43.2 - is this still the case? I’m running 0.46

How can I get both GH and Alexa working?

Nevermind… I think I found it in this post:

I have both working under emulated_hue running hass.io on my rpi3, I also struggled to get Google Home working and paired, I’ve managed to get it working with the default config and pair Hass with Google home with android google home apk version 1.19.26.

Then struggled again to get it working along with Alexa on my config, which end up like this:

emulated_hue:
  type: google_home
  host_ip: my.rpi3.hass.server.ip
  listen_port: 80

emulated_hue 1:
  type: alexa

and both are working together along as expected

1 Like

I give up. Initially I was having duplicated devices show up for Google Home but by changing the nicknames on the extras that seemed to satisfy it. Then every morning since adding the GH I have had issues with Echo/Alexa having duplicate entries. Alexa is the primary interface to HA in my home with Dots spaced throughout the home so for now I have removed everything GH from my configuration as well as the multiple emulated_hue. #1 rule is that the wife has to be happy or everything goes back to dumb-house.

The only things I can think of is I have my Wink Hub (V1) set to reboot at 2 am each morning and this throws Alexa off or I am just unlucky with the multiple emulated hue.

Cant you try one or two days without Alexa rebooting? I have both running for at least one week without any problem. Removing, adding or renaming components haven’t gave any problem aswell everything works flawless after hass reboot

I can try later this week probably. I do want both connected as it is the primary reason for having them in my home.

I tried Sthope’s suggestion and it appears to work on both alexa and google_home. its only been a day since i cahanged the config …will keep an eye on it and report back.

Wow…I did not know it was that easy to run both GH and Alexa with HA. Did you add anything else besides the config? Also, will the host_ip change if I am usint letsencrypt?

Actually once we get everything in place is pretty easy indeed, I dont know about letsencrypt I’m not using atm. Alexa was very straight forward just added the emulated_hue component pointing to Alexa, GH took me awhile to figure out how to pair successfully and then to get the right configuration to have it along with Alexa.

Awhile the ladies in the house prefer to use Alexa because it is just funnier then calling out Ok Google, I prefer GH, my voice recognition is much better and its at least twice as loud as my echo dot 2nd.

Ordered a few orange pi boards with 8gb on board and some buttons gonna clone both and see which works best for me and place them around the house.

Not sure about Alexa but the latest code for the Pi Google Home doesn’t need buttons, it works off voice recognition as well.

Are you using the multiple emulate hue configuration with the alternate python or just the standard emulated hue in HA? I was using the multiple example that I referenced in an earlier post.

I ask since my configuration looked different:

emulated_hue:
  hue1:
    host_ip: !secret alexa_host_ip
    listen_port: !secret_alexa_listen_port
    expose_by_default: false
    exposed_domains:
      - light
   hue2:
     host_ip: !secret google_host_ip

Are you using the standard emulated_hue component?

just the standard emulated hue, in my case GH didnt like being hue2 or anything other then

emulated_hue:
  host_ip: IP.HASS.RPi3

then for Alexa I did:

emulated_hue a:

i use letsencrypt and seems to work fine with that too.

Thanks, I will give this a try later.

I made the changes to look like yours, rebooted everything, got it all assigned, and turned off my automation to reboot the wink every day. Fingers crossed!