Google Home Assistant - set of custom Lovelace cards

Hi everyone,

I’ve always loved the look of Google’s apps and especially their Google Home app, however, much preferring to use Home Assistant’s local controls (faster, no cloud involved, etc), I set out to create a set of custom Lovelace components that closely resemble the Google Home app’s look and feel. Having used the components in my own Home Assistant’s configuration for a few weeks now, I feel like they’re ready to be shared and used by others. Let me know what you think!

Get the components, learn about the configuration options, and check out the source code on GitHub: https://github.com/nielsrowinbik/google-home-assistant

Here’s the look the components allow you to create:

Enjoy, and feel free to let me know how these work and what else could be improved!

9 Likes

Wow, this looks great!

3 Likes

I like it, but would love to see more pictures with it in action… anyone tried it already?

My current setup looks like this (few other rooms below the fold):

All icons (except the “settings” icon) open the linked entity’s “more info” pop-up, much like the behaviour of the Google Home app:

Clicking on “settings” navigates to a different Lovelace page where I have some settings I tweak that influence when certain scenes are activated.

The blue text buttons are specified through the card’s configuration and are fully functional. So, pressing “On” underneath “Kitchen lights” turns all the lights in that group (it’s a group entity) on. Play/pause works for the media players, etc.

That’s pretty much all I can show you right now through screenshots. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Looks really cool!
Would be awesome for the future to have the pop-ups the same as in home app :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This looks amazing, I feel as though I am going to be stuck in the GH apk for sometime deciphering all those json files to give them proper names and convert them! Excellent work though :grin:

1 Like