Google home integration - HA status not updating google

Hi all-

I just set up google home integration following:

it works and i am able to expose entities to google home and turning on/off via google works. refreshing devices works.

BUT… if i turn on an entity in HA the status does not get updated in google home. I cant seem to find anything on this and i do not this this is expected behavior. The alexa integration updates just fine.

I want to use this integration to subscribe google to a few of my HA entities so i can run some simple automations in google home that i otherwise dont have control over (camera on/off - presence).

is there something specific to get HA to send updates to Google Home? I cangt even find any logs to check. Thanks!

Some entities work better than others.
What integration is an issue, for instance? light, cover, etc

thanks

tried both light and input_boolean. neither seem to update in google when changed in HA.

It works better with nabucasa, but if you tell the google to sync devices, that might help.
I have one instance tied to nabu and one not, the not one the sync has to be done on the google website manually. a real pain.
once properly synced, they should update quickly on every change.

thanks - yeah dont want to do nabucasa if i can help it - going to dig a bit more - i feel the issue has to do with homegraph api. when i change an identity in HA i see this is the debug logs which tells me it does tell google right? gonna dig into the cloud console.

2024-03-27 13:25:08.727 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.google_assistant.report_state] Scheduling report state for input_boolean.home_guest_mode: {'online': True, 'on': True}
2024-03-27 13:25:09.839 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.google_assistant.http] Response on https://homegraph.googleapis.com/v1/devices:reportStateAndNotification with data {'requestId': '8fcdb52f545840f8b95f0f7e8665b7ee', 'agentUserId': '77aee2030fbd4dd48c4937e140b134b2', 'payload': {'devices': {'states': {'input_boolean.home_guest_mode': {'online': True, 'on': True}}}}} was {
  "requestId": "8fcdb52f545840f8b95f0f7e8665b7ee"
}

i think im just impatient - the delay of updating google from HA seems to vary and take quite some time – fine for my use. nevermind!

1 Like