I’ve tried everything…so posting on the forum is literally my last resort.
To give a bit of background. I run Home Assistant 0.106.6, in a Python VE on an Ubuntu Linux Server (18.04), and have been running smoothly for a long time.
Last week I went from version .98xx (i think), to the latest version after Ring has been added as an Integration (no issues there).
However, since the upgrade Google Home integration no longer works.
Now some background on my setup, and to remove the obvious assumptions:
- I do not use DuckDNS or Certbot to Publish. I have a static IP, that is published using a Godaddy Certificate (so no DuckDNS and Cert Issues here). Cert is valid & Publicly trusted.
- I know API Key is no longer supported in this version, so I followed the instructions on: https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/google_assistant/ went with a Service Account for Auth. (Service account is associated with the new project as well)
- I did create a brand new project in https://console.actions.google.com/. Got my projectID, added in the fullfilment URL. Have my HASS Authorization URLS, and Token URLS correctly defined.
- Have the Google Component added as per the example in my Configuration.yaml.
- Created the Service Account Key, gave it all the neccesary permissions etc.
- used service_account !include “jsonfilegeneratedbygoogle.json” in the yaml file.
- Homegraph API has been enabled for the project
My Issue is, once I get to google home, and try to link the account to hass, I get the authentication page, and after I enter my username & password, I get the spinning circle, and then nothing. It just returns me to the “Manage Accounts” page, and nothing is there.
All my exposed domains are correct, (worked previously under API_KEY), and the only errors I see is homegraph API errors (404), but I think that relates to Google Home not being able to connect to HASS for the initial sync.
I also disabled the report_state: true under the google_assistant yaml entry, whereafter the 404 goes away, but I am still unable to link Google Home with HASS.
I’ve looked everywhere for error logs, but cannot find any. I am out of ideas, could anyone PLEASE HELP?