Google Home Speaker Groups Not Available

Hi Guys,

I have 4 Google Home Mini’s and 1 Google Home and in the Google Home app I have created a number of groups.

For example
“Whole House” (for when I want to play music through all of them"
“All But Sienna” (all except the one in my daughter’s room)
“Night Time Doorbell” (I have a sensor at the front door and have set up a rule that if the motion sensor goes off between 8pm and 8am, it plays an announcement on certain GHM’s)

etc etc.

I’ve noticed lately that when I look at the web interface to Home Assistant, some, but not all, groupings are showing as “Not Available”

Once I do a restart of the homeassistant service, they all appear as available for the next day or two and then some become unavailable again.

Does anyone know of any reason? I’m not making changes as I’ve been too busy with work to look at playing with HA or anything.

Thanks in advance.

it’s an ongoing issue at the moment with Cast groups.

https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/13530

There was a bigger problem with cast in 0.78.0 as well, so if you are on that, upgrade to 0.78.3, but it doesn’t resolve the problem with groups.

0.78.3 doesn’t resolve it separately or in groups for me. Mine are usually not available within a few hours of a restart.

Thanks guys.

At least I know it’s nothing within my control. I thought I might have had a corrupt file or something.

Cheers

Hey Guys

I didn’t want to start a new thread as this question is also about something showing as “Not Available”.

This time it’s my Yeelight globe and Yeelight lamp. Both show ok in the Yeelight app, both turn on/off etc via voice command (eg Hey Google, turn on Max’s lamp).

Just for some reason they show as “not available” in the HA front end. I’ve done a restart of the service plus also a reboot of the Pi that Hassbian is installed on.

Is this a related issue to the speaker group issue?

Thanks