Google Home toggles flip off/on

Having a weird issue with Nabu Casa and Google home where the light toggles work, but then immediately switch to show the opposite of how they’re set.

What I mean is, if I tap the toggle to turn a light on, the light will turn on, but after a second the toggle switches to appear like it’s back off. If I refresh the screen or back out of the tab/page and go back to where the toggle is, it’s correctly updated to show whether or not the light or room is on/off.

Any ideas for what could cause/fix this? Mix of Zigbee and WiFi devices, issue doesn’t appear to be limited to one or the other.

I think if HA doesn’t get a response fast enough, it does some weirdness. Slow network or cpu would likely contribute.

To troubleshoot, I increased the VM’s CPU count from 2 to 4 and increased the memory from 2GB to 4GB.

Connections seem rock solid and changes are instantaneous when using local IP, cloud URL, and Google Home.

Have an Adguard DNS instance running for ad blocking, disabled that for testing - no change. Lights are both Zigbee & WiFi, behavior is the same for both.

I’ve also tried this with and without the “enable state reporting” setting enabled in the Assstants settings page.