Google home volume control

I am using Google home devices as alarm warnings but I am unsure how to best return the volume to a sensible level after it has emitted the warning message.

action:
    - service: alarm_control_panel.alarm_trigger
      entity_id: alarm_control_panel.home_alarm
    - service: media_player.volume_set
      data:
        entity_id:
          - media_player.kitchen
          - media_player.bedroom_speaker
        volume_level: '0.8'
    - service: tts.google_translate_say
      entity_id:
        - media_player.kitchen
        - media_player.bedroom_speaker
      data_template:
          House alarm has been activated. The {{ trigger.to_state.attributes.friendly_name }} has been opened.

The code above works fine but then leaves those Google devices at a loud volume. Is there a way to interrogate each Google home for its volume? How do I return it to the actual volume or just a sensible volume as soon as the message has finished playing. If I just set the volume to 0.3 in the next action it returns straight to 0.3 before the message is read out. Any advice appreciated.

You may need to call a script to control the sequence. Scripts run sequentially, but I think automations don’t have that. They run in parallel(?)…
Also, you can introduce a delay in a script. So you can wait some amount of time to be sure the announcement is finished and then set the volume back.
And, just another thought… you may want to look into using an Alert https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/alert, which is designed to notify about urgent matters like this. It can be set to repeat the notification until acknowledged.