Google Integration is working bad

I have my Google <-> HA integration working since a year and every month I renewed the test.

This morning when I asked to my google mini to turn on the light, it replied “Sorry I didn’t get any response” in English (I am in Italy).

So I went to the action console and I can’t renew the test:

The reload icon is disabled [ see picture 1] and if I click on “Change version” [ see picture 2] I get “We’re sorry, but something went wrong. Please try again.”

If I say “Sync my device”, it replies with an error.

Also, using the “google_assistant.request_sync” I get:

2019-10-03 11:06:53 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.google_assistant] Submitted request_sync request to Google
2019-10-03 11:06:53 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.1479590992] Connection closed
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/google_assistant/", line 92, in request_sync_service_handler
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/aiohttp/", line 942, in raise_for_status
aiohttp.client_exceptions.ClientResponseError: 400, message='Bad Request'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/", line 130, in handle_call_service
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/", line 1234, in async_call
    await asyncio.shield(self._execute_service(handler, service_call))
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/", line 1259, in _execute_service
    await handler.func(service_call)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/google_assistant/", line 94, in request_sync_service_handler
    body = await
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/aiohttp/", line 969, in read
    self._body = await
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/aiohttp/", line 335, in read
    raise self._exception
aiohttp.client_exceptions.ClientConnectionError: Connection closed

Any idea ?
Your google console is the same ?

Ciao, ho il tuo stesso problema, l’assistente esegue le operazioni ma dice “Sorry I didn’t get any response”. Il tutto è iniziato questa mattina come è successo a te…

Hello @Misfits138 I saw the same problem on a Google Home forum without Home Assistant.
So I think that per problem is server side and it has nothing to do with HA.

Siamo in un forum inglese e bisogna scrivere in inglese! :wink:
Ad ogni modo, non toccare nulla perche’ il problema e’ sui server di Google e c’e’ poco fare!

1 Like

Ok. We hope to fix this as soon as possible. Even if it works, it bothers me to hear that sentence :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have found in the last few weeks that request sync service no longer works, no matter what I try, but if I request via Google (‘OK Google, sync my devices’) it works fine.

Always a bit nervous that the whole thing will stop working though.

@jdbrookes you are right: we can’t rely on Google!
I am looking into Snips: it is quite good and you can have almost all functions related with HA (even more).
Downside, you have to use python and the learning curve is quite hard (but not impossibile!!!)

I just received a correct answer from GA while checking the status of a HA sensor.

Hopefully they just fixed the issue…:crossed_fingers: