Google Keep Custom Component and Lovelace card

First of all, thank you so much for this! Works pretty much right out of the box.

I’m trying to add this to a wall control panel, and I’m using Card-mod to control the height of different cards so everything is aligned and nothing flows off the bottom of the screen. I’ve done the same for this, and it works to resize the card but the text itself flows offscreen. Is there a way to get a scroll bar inside the card, or just cut off any extra text?

Secondly, an alpha value of 0 is apparently not supported. 0.1 is almost invisible so that works, but it’s a little wonky. Trying to input 0 has the same effect as 1.

Code:

type: custom:google-keep-card
entity: sensor.google_keep_77f2c4c0ac
theme: dark
alpha: 0.1
show:
  - unchecked
  - checked
card_mod:
  style: |
    #googleKeepCard .card {
      padding: 20px 10px 0px 10px;
      max-height: 283px !important
    } #googleKeepCard .card::before {
      border: 0px;
    }

google_keep_bug

You can try following config:

entity: sensor.google_keep_77f2c4c0ac
alpha: 0.001
show:
  - unchecked
  - checked
card_mod:
  style: |
    #googleKeepCard .card {
      padding: 20px 10px 0px 10px;
      max-height: 283px !important;
      overflow: hidden;
    } #googleKeepCard .card::before {
      border: 0px;
    }

Wow, both of those are so obvious in hind sight…thank you again!

I am new to HA. I have it running on a RPI3B I believe I need to install the gkeepapi but I get a command not found when I run pip install gkeepapi. I installed from HACS Thanks for any help.

Why do you think you have to do it? Can you describe your problem?

I don’t find the keep entity. Maybe I am missing something in how to install integrations. I have the card installed as well.

1 Like

Have you configured it in configuration.yaml?

I guess that’s where I get confused. I setup an integration to my hubitat and didn’t have to edit the config.yaml. Can you point me to what I need to do? Thank you

There are several ways to add an integration to your HA:

• autodiscovery - an available integration is discovered automatically, you just have to confirm it
  • via integrations interface - possible to to for integrations that have implemented “config flow”
  • via configuration.yaml file - for all other integrations (documentation)

This integration supports only the third option

Thanks for that info, I did not realize there were that many options.

I have the entity finally, I installed the card using the manual setup. How do I assign the card to that entity in a dashoard. The card doesn’t show up anywhere that I can find

Situation here is similar. Some cards are shown in UI editor, some are not. You just have to configure it using yaml card editor (available on the bottom of the card chooser)

So I would use something like this

views:
- name: Example
  cards:
    - type: custom:google-keep-card
      entity: sensor.google_keep_67dccca210
      alpha: 0.7
      show:
        - checked
        - unchecked

I am not getting th eoption to edit the card. I get an error that says the entity doesn’t have a Unique ID

entity: sensor.google_keep_67dccca210
alpha: 0.7
show:
  - checked
  - unchecked

You have to edit dashboard, not entity. You can do it using menu in upper right corner of a dashboard

Making some progress. I added your post to the raw configuration and still couldn’t get a card. I selected a manual card for the entity when adding to the dashboard, entered your post and it didn’t complain but it says there are no notes. There are 3, so I might be close

I think that the problem is now in configuration of a sensor (in configuration.yaml)

Here is what I added:

sensor:
  - platform: google_keep
    username: [email protected]
    password: Freyja984$
    titles:
      - 'Upcoming Appts.'
    pinned: true

Have I left something out?

I really hope these are not your real credentials.

This config will retrieve notes that have “Upcoming Appts.” title and are pinned at the same time. Is this something you want?

Not my real creds. Actually I will only have a single note titled Upcoming Apts. So if I delete those two lines … Gonna try