Google Maps Location Sharing - TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable

Friday morning I updated HA from 0.91.3 to 0.91.4 using the Hass.io update button in a Raspberry Pi 2.

After the update, the Google Maps Location Sharing component fails loading with this traceback:

2019-04-20 22:05:52 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.device_tracker] Error setting up platform google_maps
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/device_tracker/__init__.py", line 184, in async_setup_platform
    disc_info)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/google_maps/device_tracker.py", line 46, in setup_scanner
    scanner = GoogleMapsScanner(hass, config, see)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/google_maps/device_tracker.py", line 67, in __init__
    self._update_info()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/google_maps/device_tracker.py", line 79, in _update_info
    for person in self.service.get_all_people():
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/locationsharinglib/locationsharinglib.py", line 439, in get_all_people
    people = self.get_shared_people() + [self.get_authenticated_person()]
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/locationsharinglib/locationsharinglib.py", line 400, in get_shared_people
    for info in output[0]:
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable

I don’t see anything that could cause this problem in the release notes.
I’ve found the issue 59 of locationsharinglib project which seems the same problem, but it’s resolved. I also tried to delete the cookie but it is correctly created every time.

I haven’t changed anything between 0.91.3 and 0.91.4. I’ve done a lot of restarts but nothing changes.

Thanks in advance

3 Likes

Welcome to the community!

Sadly I am also having this issue - Google’s persistent changes to their 2FA has meant the Maps integration has been spotty on a release-by-release basis. Best thing for now is to wait for the next locationsharinglib update.

See here for more information: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/17410

2 Likes

Same problem here. Getting tired of all these problems with google maps, vaillant(netatmo)

1 Like