Google Maps location sharing

@NotoriousBDG i tried setup safe mode and i got this errors

2017-08-07 10:38:11 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\mohammed\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python35\lib\asyncio\tasks.py", line 239, in _step
    result = coro.send(None)
  File "C:\Users\mohammed\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python35\lib\site-packages\homeassistant\components\device_tracker\__init__.py", line 274, in async_see
    dev_id = cv.slug(str(dev_id).lower())
  File "C:\Users\mohammed\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python35\lib\site-packages\homeassistant\helpers\config_validation.py", line 236, in slug
    raise vol.Invalid('invalid slug {} (try {})'.format(value, slg))
voluptuous.error.Invalid: invalid slug locate me (try locate_me)

@ashfaaaa, check out the thread Invalid slug. It looks similar to your issue.

1 Like

@NotoriousBDG that was it. I had space between IDā€¦ thank you so much. it works now.
how long youā€™re using this ? does it work better than Owntracks?

i put in gplus.py in custom_components/device_tracker , started fine did ā€˜pip install BeautifulSoup4ā€™ but looks like i unable to find rith data_freq string

it must be this big ?

Can anyone help me with my configuration? This isnā€™t working:

device_tracker:
  platform: google_loc
  id: vishal_phone
  url: 'https://plus.google.com/u/0/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?pageId=none'
  cookie_sid: 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxx.'
  cookie_hsid: 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
  cookie_ssid: 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
  data_freq: '[[[xxxxxxxxxxxx,[{"xxxxxxxxxxxx":[null,null,[[null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,[[null,[2,null,"xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"]]]],[null,null,null,null,[[null,[2,null,"xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"]]]],[null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,[[null,[2,null,"xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"]]]],[null,null,null,[[null,[2,null,"xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"]],5,null]],[null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,[[null,[2,null,"xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"]]]],[null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,[[null,[2,null,"xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"]]]],[null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,[[null,[2,null,"xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"]]]],[null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,[[null,[2,null,"xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"]]]],[null,[[null,[2,null,"xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"]],3]]],[null,[2,null,"xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"]],null]}],null,null,0]]]'
  home_url: 'https://plus.google.com/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'

All I get is this error in Home Assistant:

2017-08-17 04:01:59 ERROR (Thread-4) [custom_components.device_tracker.google_loc] No response received to the location query
2017-08-17 04:01:59 ERROR (Thread-4) [custom_components.device_tracker.google_loc] Google didn't send the location. Updating data['at']

Also, every time I try to get this data in Chrome, I get different a different value for the ā€˜URLā€™ field. I donā€™t know what to choose. I am trying to do this in safe mode.

i think that for this custom component you must to use platform: gplus

@virualdo @djj @aa755 I get an error using platform: gplus

ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] Unable to find component device_tracker.gplus

Where do I have to put the gplus.py file in raspberry pi?

put the file in the /-config directory-/custom_components/device_tracker/gplus.py

@virualdo ok now I get an error:

ERROR (Thread-4) [homeassistant.components.device_tracker.gplus] Google didn't send the location. Updating data['at']

try this, iā€™ve the same error and this works for me.

how do I get the home url? is it https://aboutme.google.com ?

in Self Mode https://aboutme.google.com
in Safe Mode, log into [email protected], and visit the Google Plus profile page of [email protected]. The url of this page goes to the home_url field above

according this page:

What space did you have?

I had space between two words

id: Ashu android

it should be like this

id: Ashu_android

honestly this seems to be a simple task but every information I try and obtain from all Chrome and Firefox doesnt help. There are many data?ds.extension and I have selected one of it. Is it a specific one to choose?

I keep getting the same error: ERROR (Thread-3) [homeassistant.components.device_tracker.gplus] Google didn't send the location. Updating data['at']

Is it possible if you could please share your device_tracker in your configuration.yaml ?
Thanks.

Iā€™ve put gplus.py in that folder, now I get the error -

2017-09-09 23:03:59 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] Error loading custom_components.device_tracker.gplus. Make sure all dependencies are installed
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/loader.py", line 142, in get_component
    module = importlib.import_module(path)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/importlib/__init__.py", line 109, in import_module
    return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 2254, in _gcd_import
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 2237, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 2226, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1200, in _load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1129, in _exec
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1471, in exec_module
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 321, in _call_with_frames_removed
  File "/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components/device_tracker/gplus.py", line 9, in <module>
    from bs4 import BeautifulSoup
ImportError: No module named 'bs4'

Any ideas? Iā€™ve installed bs4 and BeautifulSoup4 system wide, and in the virtual environment, so I donā€™t know whatā€™s going on!

@ashfaaaa @virualdo I have managed to get it to work in safe mode and I can see my device appear in HA. I wanted to find out how can I set my home address as home and work as work etc?

Can you please help?

Thanks.

excelent! you must to use this component to define your places

How.did you fix this error?

ERROR (Thread-3) [homeassistant.components.device_tracker.gplus] Google didn't send the location. Updating data['at']