Google Nest Hub 2 Cast problem

Hello all!

I have HomeAssistant running in docker. (I also have remote access using duckdns and swag)

I recently bought a Google Nest Hub 2 and the Home Assistant automatically recognised it. I can cast my dashboard easily to it using the official google cast integration.

The dashboard is running live and i can see the changes for example if i switch of a light, etc…

I can use the touch sreen and I can open graph card to see the temperature details work as well.

My problem comes when i try to interract with buttons.

This is the error message what i can see:

Error message from HA Docker container:
2024-05-10 14:54:19.810 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection] [139199196865728] Error handling message: extra keys not allowed @ data['return_response']. Got False (invalid_format) Home Assistant Cast from 192.168.0.237 (Mozilla/5.0 (Fuchsia) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/120.0.0.0 Safari/537.36 CrKey/1.56.500000)

Does anybody faced the same issue? Any suggestions?

Buttons work on my local network (PC, Phone, Tablet) and also work using remote access on my phone when i am not at home.

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Update:
I tried DashCast integration. With that it works. BUT:
With the Original Google Cast integration i can close the dashboard on the Nest Hub, open spotify for example, do whatever i want and open back the cast from the Nest Hub. With the Dash Cast if i close the cast I can’t go back to the dashboard. I have to go back to the HA and run the script for DashCast.

Hi man, I got the same issue, any solutions since? Thanks in advance

You should probably open an issue Issues · home-assistant/core · GitHub

Hi!

Sorry for late response, i did not follow this forum quite often.

Since then i not tried it. Now i tried the Cast again but now even the cards does not load. (I use a lot of custom mushroom cards)
I think this was the problem with the GoogleCast.

I still use Dashcast to cast my dashboard to nesthub with some extra Automatin and Script.

I use an automation for recasting the dashboard:

What this does is recasting the dashboard but only when the Spotify or YouTube is NOT running. Sometimes i use the Spotify cast or Youtube cast on the NestHub since its on my desk and i watch videos on it while working. If you not configure this then it would stop your YouTube video and would recast the Dashboard

The script that this automation is calling:

This casts the dashboard actually to NestHub

+1 I use fully kiosk for hiding the header on the dasboard. You can also hide the side bar but i use that one.

?hide_header=1 for hiding the header.