Google-Nest Offical Device Access Console Finally Released!

Thank you Allen! I’ve already got the Google side ready with my Nest thermostat…

Shame that no Nest Protect data is available.

2 Likes

Hi, I was wondering. I see all kinds of solutions using NodeRed flows and custom plugins.
Is this going to be the only way to configure or should i be more patience and wait for an official HA Integration if i don’t like the hassle.

Thanks!

I would wait.
With how successful people have been with hacking their own things together, an official thermostat and camera probably aren’t that far away in comparison to how long works with nest has been in a zombie state.

Hi Keith,

Thanks for responding. The only thing i got is the nest doorbell, it would be nice to utilize the camera feed but i bought it a couple of weeks after the closed the old api so i am getting used to it and will wait some more.

Al the guys working on it,:partying_face: Big thanks to your effort! :partying_face:

1 Like

Hey, so great!

New nest integration gives error:

I am running from public url but it redirects to local IP which i cannot add to authorized redirect uri, but have added the public URL.

Configuration.yaml:

http:
   external_url: smarthome2.xx.xx
   internal_url: 192.168.68.xxx:8123

Do you maybe know what’s going wrong @allenporter ?

thanks

I’ve just had success after a very technical setup!! I did not find the google documentation easy to follow!

I had the same error as you Mart, but I then got it working by setting up in the Nest integration via the external URL. ie login and access home assistant via the external URL and then setup the nest integration. It then callsback to the external URL you access via, rather than the internal.

Probably worth adding that to the setup guide…

Thanks @BenW That’s exactly what I did. I configured the integration through the public URL and still got redirected to the local ip. What’s causing this?

You need to open Home Assistant via the external url in order to authenticate. You can’t authenticate an application over an internal network.

Edit: missed your reply; did you open HA with the external URL?

1 Like

Ye, I used the public URL to start home assistant.
Exactly what I did, but it still redirects to the local IP. My configuration.yaml has the setup of the url/local/public correct right (see configyaml snappit below). Where else is this possibly wrong configured?

http:
   external_url: smarthome2.xx.xx
   internal_url: 192.168.68.xxx:8123

Not sure if it matters but have you got the URLs set via Configuration -> General ?

I set them there rather than in the yaml

Got it configured there, yes.

Is there any place where I can hard configure the redirect url to be public instead of the local IP within the integration config maybe?

I was have a similar issue so I started from scratch in a private session. Now it works.

Unfortunately, I can start a new session as much as I want, from what device all gives the error because it redirects to redirect uri 192.xxxx local ip

i specified the public url on that google console site

Once you go through the authentication process (configuration -> integrations + Nest), are you able to see any of your nest entities? is there something else that is needed in the config.

nest:
  client_id: !secret new_nest_client_id
  client_secret: !secret new_nest_secret
  project_id: !secret new_nest
  subscriber_id: !secret new_nest_sub

i dont see anything yet, but the nest integtation was added successfull
i only have a google hub max… , its stuff for later :slight_smile:

you are able to see the integration on the integrations page after going through the authentication process?

yes, i see it , but without entities (normal in my case)
when i clicked on the intergtaion + , i needed to logon, i had the callback url (nabucasa) and i was able to approve my google hub to talk with that project api