Google-Nest Offical Device Access Console Finally Released!

No, im running the latest PR as a custom component so camera’s are working for me… at least for a couple of minutes.

Okay, no cameras here yet. Guess you have to look at them quick then?

@dbrunt what do you see if you click on the Topics left hand menu item from this screenshot? Is the Topics list empty?

There are more PRs (approved but not merged) to improve cams by refreshing stream urls once they expire, and fixing image thumbnail, etc @msmits2011

Hi Allan,

Yes im running your latest PR, only removed the FFMPEG part for the still image. I don’t have a clue what I’m missing.

I’ve managed to get my authorization code / access code and all of that sorted.
When I try to add the integration I get the following message - “Aborted You need to configure Nest before being able to authenticate with it. Please read the instructions.”

The message appears very quickly - quick enough that I’m not sure there is any communication between my install and Google - if that makes sense?

I have cleared caches / cookies / used incognito tab / tried to add the integration from my local server, and via public URL - all with the same result.

If there is anything that can be suggested I greatly appreciate it.
Thanks in advance,
KingFisher

Did you add the configuration to your configuration.yaml?

nest:
  client_id: !secret new_nest_client_id
  client_secret: !secret new_nest_secret
  project_id: !secret new_nest
  subscriber_id: !secret new_nest_sub

Had added it in previously without the “!” at the start - and got to a nest login page - where I put in my Google login and Pw and I receive a message - “Your email or password may be incorrect. You can try again. If you’ve migrated your account or want to create a new one, sign in with Google.”

I have migrated my account - but there is no option to “login with Google” as you might see on other sites.

I tried adding the project id etc. back into configuration.yaml with the “!” and received the following message - “unknown tag ! at line 20, column 3:”

1 Like

Hi Guys,

I’m having some trouble using the new nest integration. I have done all the required steps and have configured my config.yaml. when adding the nest integration under integrations I can see that my configuration is successful because of the “Open website” message. When I proceed to open this link, the nestservices.google.com/partnerconnections… site opens, but with the error “something went wrong Please contact the developer of this app if t he issue persists.”
According to the Device Acces documentation etc. the right parameters and ID are present in the URL.

Is there anything that can be suggested to troubleshoot this any further?
Thanks!

1 Like

What does your config block look like?

nest_ha_Config

It’s hard to tell with it all redacted. Are you using the secrets file? I assume that if you are using “!” then you are. If so, are these defined in your secrets file? If these are indeed secrets, can you show the unredacted version of the configuration yaml so I can see what it looks like?

Hi Chris,

Currently not using “!” just what is in the screenshot with the actual details of oAuth id; client secret; project id and subscription ID. Format is below - have not included the actual IDs

nest:
client_id: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.apps.googleusercontent.com
client_secret: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
project_id: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
subscriber_id: XXXXXXXXXXX

Throwing a guess here, but make sure you are using quotes. HA might be interpreting those as something else without quotes.

Hey, i finally have this working :), thank you all.

For me the only part of the config that is not clear is the subscriber-id… i just put as one folk did in this post ( subscriber_id: home-assistant) , seems that is not tied to any other link in the chain, maybe is just the client name for external reference??

So, the config that worked for me in configuration.yaml:

nest:
  client_id: XXX
  client_secret: XXX
  project_id: XXX
  subscriber_id: home-assistant

To fetch parameters, follow this guide: https://developers.google.com/nest/device-access/get-started

And after that, enter in HA via public IP, and click on add integration, select Nest…etc and go forward. (remember that your HA will need a public IP, and add it in OAUTH return URIs list, with google also)

I’m new to HA… i can just see temperature and humidity so… not sure how to even change temperature :smiley:, but its my first day, at least all this API war with GCP is OK, took like an hour to do it…yeah im slow

But one overall question, do we need to have an external publi URL opened to HA to keep this working??? I have closed the port towards HA in my router and it seems to continue working but… im not sure if theres some periodic callback…

1 Like

Have tried with single quotes and double quotes - same results.

I’ve also tried commenting each line - when I uncomment the project_id or subscription_id line I get a different error - below is the error for subscription_id - " Invalid config for [nest]: [subscriber_id] is an invalid option for [nest]. Check: nest->nest->subscriber_id. (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 18). "

Any thoughts?

No, the topics list is not empty.

Hi All,

I got the Humidity and Temperature Sensors working in HA. Is the plan to later add climate control?

3 Likes

No, the subscriber_id is the Google Sub/Pub topic you are subscribing to

1 Like

There is something wrong with that secrets line me thinks. If you are copying that from somewhere, try typing it in directly. Maybe some hidden character(s). Otherwise, delete the whole block and start over. Make sure indents and spaces are all correct (no tabs).