Google Nest thermostat alternatives>

Hi All,
At this moment I am running my home with a Google Nest thermostat. Unfortunate this gives many api errors and it doesn’t update it’s state (heating, off, idle) very often. I am thinking about switching to another thermostat. Is there anyone that can give me an advice for great thermostat that is easy to intergrate an has enough entitites to play with and updates more frequently then a Google Nest thermostat ? Z-wave wouldn’t be an option but Zigbee is a possibility.

I want to turn on/off my AC when the thermostat starts to heat and run different automations for it. With the Nest thermostat this isn’t very reliable.

Check out the thread I started for the same reason and because of the same Nest issues.

1 Like

Thanks, this is more about the Nest problems and the T6 instead of good alternatives. I managed to get it ‘kinda’ working with delays in Node-Red but it still isn’t good enough.

T6 is something I would consider as option.

There is a link on there for a dozen other Z-Wave thermostats. The T6 is a pretty common alternative to the Nest, which is why I bought one and used that as a basis for the topic. The T6 also comes in a wifi version as well.

Z-wave isn’t an option for me. Zigbee would! Maybe I should specify that in my topic.

I quite like my ecobee which works locally via HomeKit Device integration