Google Nest Thermostat won't integrate

Hello all,

I’m trying to get my Google Nest connected to Home Assistant. I followed this turtorial:

I did all steps but the last step isn’t working for me. I need to Authenticate Google by linking my Google account. (At 17:57 in the video) This doesn’t work. I’m getting the following error: (translated from dutch)

“Can’t find devices to pair with Nest HA
If your home has multiple members, the person who set up the home for the first time will need to migrate their Nest account to a Google account. Only then can you link to Nest-HA.”

The error isn’t correct because this is the Google account I always use for Google stuff. It doesn’t need to be a Gmail right? As long as its a Google account (thats what i trought). I use this account also for my Nest app and all other Google things so I dont understand why the error is appairng.

I hope someone can help me fixing this error! I’ll tried to migrate to another account and than back to this account without results unfortunate.

I typically find if things are working in the Google Home App (vs Nest App) then it will likely be working with the API. So perhaps confirming google home app is working to control these devices would be a good first step. Good luck.

I found this to work, just read you reaction. I came to the same conclusion. Adding the Thermostat to Google Home works. (It didn’t work as easy via iPhone, I had some struggles to connect the thermostat at first. It works fine now!) Thanks