Google tts (via Nabu Cassa) broken for me from this morning. Only change is to latest OS release

As of this morning text to speech on my Google devices (via Nabu Casa) has stopped working. No errors, just nothing is spoken on my google devices when I call it. Just see this in the log:

2021-08-07 13:14:42 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.script.websocket_api_script] websocket_api script: Running websocket_api script
2021-08-07 13:14:42 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.script.websocket_api_script] websocket_api script: Executing step call service

The tts service still works for other devices, such as my squeezebox radio

I’m still on HA Core 2021.7.4 I did upgrade HA OS to the latest version (HA OS 6.2 from 6.1) last night, but it seems unlikely this is the cause?

I signed out of, and then into the Nabu Casa account but that made no difference.

In other (none recent) posts for this issue, I read about adding external and internal urls in Config->General. Have tried that (and restarted), but this made no difference.

Any ideas?

I have now updated to the Core 2021.8.3 (latest currently) on the off-chance it might fix it. Still broken, and still no errors.

This explains a problem I have been trying to debug as well. It seems broken for me too. The chromecast indicates a connect, but no audio plays.

It’s easy to duplicate - go to the cloud option in configuration, and try playing a TTS sample message to a google cast device.

This used to work in 2021.6, but seems to have broken when I went to 2021.8.

So I don’t think it’s related to the software version. I run HA in a VM< and reverted back to a 2021.6.6 snapshot, and TTS didn’t work there either.

So I think something is broken on the cloud side of the TTS engine.

Are others seeing any issues?

1 Like

Yeah, this seems more likely. I’d have expected to seem more people complaining though…

Have just unlinked, then relinked NabuCasa in the Google Home app, but still no joy.

In fact, it’s worse now. I see that my google devices show as “unavailable” now…

Working again now thanks to cogneato on Discord. I had to set my internal and external address in Configuration → General. I don’t quite understand why, as this was previously working with then unset, but the main thing is all good now!