Google TTS with Sonos and long announcements

Like many others here I have a Google TTS morning announcement set up to play every day. It is fairly typical in that it choses a random greeting, gives the current weather conditions, then a forecast and then chooses a random goodbye.

All fairly standard and it works beautifully.
Most of the time.

TL:DR Sometimes it will start speaking and then for some reason just stop. It is not always in the same place that it stops and neither is it at a natural break.

Does anyone experience this?

I wonder why this happens?
There are so many ‘points of failure’ in the process but I have considered:

1. WiFi - possibly something happens mid announcement?
  2. DarkSky - possibly something in the text DarkSky generates isn’t compatible with TTS?
  3. Google - the TTS service sometime is not processing properly?
  4. Sonos - the Sonos service is not processing properly?
  5. My code - obviously(!) a possibility but it does work beautifully probably 4 times out of 5

Also,
I have tried two ways of generating the announcement. Firstly I tried creating it ‘on-the-fly’ i.e.each element was generated within the message of the tts.google_say.

I thought maybe the problem might have been the on-the-fly processing (even though I didn’t believe it especially as that is how others do it) so I changed the whole process to generate the message as before but this time publish the whole thing as one string to MQTT which would then trigger tts.google_say with just that string; no processing required. Still the same result.

EDIT: Furthermore the .mp3 file in the tts cache has the complete message which I can re-play at will which precludes any google error or something strange with the DarkSky text, so for some reason my Sonos doesn’t always play the whole message.