Google voice integration?

I noticed a thread about google voice, is there a way to add it to home assistant somehow?

I mean google voice the text messaging and voip platform. Like can I use this like an obihai obi200 plus use the calls/texts to trigger things? And like maybe just send a persistent notification of any text I get? That’d be sweet.

maybe:

Did you find a solution to this?

At the time I was much less informed about home assistant and did not again try to figure it out but I’ll have to look into it after work today if I remember.

That just looks like a speech synthesizer. Not really going to help I don’t think I need access to Google voice api.

Maybe this helps? googlevoice · PyPI

I didn’t know that existed. God damn that has promise I think. If I can send messages through Google voice I can actually use sms to send notifications with Google voice instead of pushover. Without using email to text services and with a number that can be easily replied to and look normal and stuffs. Also get notifications though my lights flashing of i get a text whiley volume is off. I need to see if that’s within my knowledge level.

I don’t know how to directly install a python package and from there I think I would have to write a bunch of scripts to individually do things, and don’t know if it’s something that could cause problems. I don’t know if I can add something as a custom hacs repository from the URL it has for downloading the package. But that’s for sure what you would need.

“This project is essentially broken as the login API has changed and a new technique for logging in has not been developed. Please see issue 8 for details.”

1 Like