Google Voice Issues

First of all, thanks to the community and all of the hard work that has been put into the HA project!

I’ve been running HA for quite some time using Raspberry Pi, ESXi virtual machine, and now Docker. The biggest reason for implementation was to integrate with a couple of Monoprice 6-zone Amps. I’ve had Google Assistant integrated for quite a few years and for the most part, it’s been a solid integration until some point when the Google Voice commands stopped working to control the Monoprice zone but controlling via the Google Home app continues to work.

What’s also weird is that I can create a group of zones within HA and issue voice commands to turn on/off all of the zones in the group - for instance “Hey Google, turn on upstairs speakers”. I’ve tinkered with just creating a group per zone and exposing that but then the controls seem pretty wonky within the Google Home app… just can’t win :slight_smile:

I’ve found issues similiar but it seems that it either starts working for others or the problem goes unanswered, so I’m hoping that bringing the issue back up might stir up some new conversation.

Thanks in advance for any hints and/or tips!

google_assistant:
  project_id: homeassistant-99999
  service_account: !include SERVICE_ACCOUNT.JSON
  report_state: false
  expose_by_default: false
  entity_config:
    media_player.zone_11:
      name: "Master Bedroom Speakers"
    media_player.zone_12:
      name: "Master Bathroom Speakers"
    media_player.zone_13:
      name: "Office Speakers"
    media_player.zone_14:
      name: "Guest Bedroom Speakers"
    media_player.zone_15:
      name: "Living Room Speakers"
    media_player.zone_16:
      name: "Kitchen Speakers"
    media_player.zone_21:
      name: "XXXXX's Room Speakers"
    media_player.zone_22:
      name: "YYYYY's Room Speakers"
    media_player.zone_23:
      name: "Craft Room Speakers"
    media_player.zone_24:
      name: "Deck Speakers"
    media_player.downstairs_speakers:
      name: "Downstairs Speakers"
    media_player.upstairs_speakers:
      name: "Upstairs Speakers"

Forgot to mention that the message I’m getting back from Google Voice is:
“Sorry, it looks like that device hasn’t been set up yet. You can do that in Assistant settings.”