Gosund dimmer integration

Maybe you figured this out already, but if not I just did this and here’s what worked. I bought a pack of the dimmers (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VP4PHJJ/) and got them working by using the Tuya “Smart Life” app to register them and then using the Tuya integration. Not the Gosund app. After installing the integration and restarting HA restart the dimmer was detected and works perfectly.

Initially I installed the dimmer and registered it via the Gosund app, and then discovered a few threads saying to use the Smart Life app instead. I removed the dimmer from Gosund, installed Smart Life (which is identical to the Gosund app, guessing Gosund is the rebrand) and re-registered it. At that point the Tuya component was able to authenticate and after a HA restart found it right away. Even tho the app is identical, the integration wouldn’t work with the Gosund account.

There’s also this thread that goes into detail about flashing the devices and then being able to use MQTT to control them locally, which is sweet but for the time being the smart life integration works fine. Playing with the dimmer in HA the response is near instantaneous and i have no inclination to screw around further as long as the app keeps working. Wifi Gosund plug