GOSUND Lights and Plugs

GOSUND smart lights and plugs have been the top sellers on AMAZON so I bought an arm full of each.
Only to find after the purchase that they are not supported by HS. As a newbie to HS I am learning the hard way. Should I Bin these light and plugs or should I keep them in the hope that HS might integrate them some time in the future?
With a little known name as GOSUND I should have known better. Please help as I don’t know what to do next.

They are supported by the Tuya integration (localtuya or ‘native’)

Yup. I have dozens of GOSUND devices. Tuya is your answer.

Jim

This is interesting. I have a similar issue. The app I (think) I had to use with these is the “Go Smart” app (not Tuya). How did you get this to work, @JmartinHA ?

I’m sure you mean the SmartLife app… which is almost identical to the Tuya app, but I’m not sure if SmartLife is supported by HA either. Anything SmartLife can see, Tuya will also connect to. The advantage to going the Tuya way (as I understand it) is being able to eventually set the devices up to be “Local” and not need the external internet connection. I have yet to do this, as I have been happy with the Tuya app results.

Let’s call it sort-of-local, the local part means to communicates directly to the object and quicker to respond. It is not fully local though. There are many posts on this
rospogrigio/localtuya: local handling for Tuya devices (github.com)

I will try Tuya again. IIRC, the instructions were to use “SmartLife”. I couldn’t get Tuya to work.

Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks a lot everyone. I have tried Smart Life and it’s working fine for me. I have just downloaded Tuya and will try it over the weekend. I’ll get back to you soon, thanks again, Brian…

Yeah I do believe I heard something about that… which is one of the reasons I haven’t jumped through those hoops yet. I’m having good results with the native Tuya integration.

I’ve been using these Tuya switches for many years. LocalTuya and the official Tuya integration work both fine.
However, they usually only have 10A rating, so don’t use them with appliances requiring power higher than 1000W(if you are in US)

I have now tried both Smart Life and Tuya with successful results. I owe everybody a big thank you for your contributions and I no longer need to bin all the Gosund lights and plugs that I purchased.
Kind regards Brian.

Is there a way to easily transfer all devices from GoSund to Tuya?
Else, I have to reset the lights bulbs and install them one by one :frowning:

I am in exactly same spot and have the same question. Have got a lot of devices using the Gosund App. Many of these are difficult to reach and re-integrate to a new App (e.g. Tuya or Smart Life). Is there an easier way to move these devices from one App to the other that does not involve local access to the device for a reset?

1 Like

I migrated manually all devices from Gosund App to Smart Life App that I was already using also, actually was easier than expected

I have sent an email to Gosund with the request to transfer my devices. They told me that due to compliance issues it was not possible.
I transferred all devices using the Tuya app manually :hot_face::face_with_spiral_eyes::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

My first post here!

Sometimes when you guys make posts like this, you have no idea how helpful they can be even years later. I have been too lazy to flash tasmoda onto my dozens of gosund devices, and I pretty much gave up on this idea for YEARS. for YEARS I tolerated a laggy cloud based gosund and hubitat integration that was tolerable at best.

but now, I have seen the light! I just installed HA onto an x86 and will be using the Hubitats radios, while EVERYTHING else will run off of HA. The deeper I get into HA, the more I feel like I have been living in the stone ages with my hubitat setup.

anyway, thanks to everyone in this thread for ending a multi year annoyance!

Всем привет розетки Gosund на ура соединяются через приложение Smart Live через интеграцию Tuya! Всем удачи!