Govee integration

can you share a screen print of your service node as I cannt get this working - thanks

I’ve since switched to the native HA automations and use a scene for this now.

But my flow I was using:

[{"id":"f373b22c.74e8e","type":"api-call-service","z":"dbb98c6d.2e581","name":"Turn On TV Lights","server":"43df4cba.6ea624","version":3,"debugenabled":false,"service_domain":"light","service":"turn_on","entityId":"light.tv_lights","data":"{'rgb_color' : [255, 189, 134], 'brightness_pct' : 100}","dataType":"jsonata","mergecontext":"","mustacheAltTags":false,"outputProperties":[],"queue":"none","x":870,"y":1580,"wires":[[]]},{"id":"43df4cba.6ea624","type":"server","name":"Home Assistant","version":2,"addon":true,"rejectUnauthorizedCerts":true,"ha_boolean":"y|yes|true|on|home|open","connectionDelay":true,"cacheJson":true,"heartbeat":false,"heartbeatInterval":30}]```
1 Like

Hi,
Just received my first Govee product, the H6076 Click here

So I can turn the light on and off and I can select colours and white light.

Is it also possible to call scenes and/or animations with this integration?

1 Like

No. You are not able to call scenes through this integration.

Thanks Jay, that works fine. much appreciated

I have a H6159 light. In the Govee app I can control the modes and different colors. However, in HA using the Govee integration, I can only turn it on and off. No color options nor mode selections. Earlier in thread it says that 6159 is supported. What am I doing wrong?

Wierd. It even shows color and color temp supported in the screen shot you sent. Try removing and readding the integration.

I removed the integration completely and restarted. Reinstalled and readded the device. Still same result. Only on/off control :slightly_frowning_face:

The Homebridge Govee plugin has the ability to set scenes, including DIY modes. Maybe someone can take a look at how that works and get that implemented in this addon.

1 Like

Here’s the info for the API. I don’t see anything about scenes or DIYs, though I may have missed it. Do we know how HomeBridge communicates with the lights? Is that through the API?

Yes, it uses the API for devices that support it. The Homebridge plugin doesn’t have the ability to discover effects you have saved, but you can manually set them using “AWS codes” as it calls them. They are then exposed as toggles in Homekit.

I was able to control these toggles with Home Assistant using some HomeKit automations, but it’d be nice to have it built in to the Home Assistant integration.

Interesting. So it’s got some special Govee access that HomeAssistant doesn’t.

Nothing special from govee, just alternative connection methods that are public on github in various places!

True, though I would assume that those AWS codes wouldn’t be for apps other than Govee Home since it isn’t published in the API docs.

The idea of aws code i have invented. it’s probably some encoded string, but i’ve seen a lot of variation of different commands between models, and actually replicating what the govee app can do within the apple home app interface would be impossible, so easiest solution was what i have implemented!

1 Like

Hey there,
today I found this temperature sensor from govee: Amazon.de
Is there any chance to use it in HA ( in best case offline) ?

I now see above that you’ve discussed with LaggAt about working on this integration, has any progress been made on that?

If you’re using a Raspberry Pi or any device with Bluetooth, you can connect it to HomeAssistant through the Passive BLE integration or the Govee Thermohygrometer integration, both of which can be found in HACS

1 Like

Sound great. Thank you

Just added this to my HA and it discovered my TV Backlights (H6199). i can turn them on and off, but i don’t see a color picker in the card. is there something i need to do to enable it? I also see a lot of these errors in the log:"

2022-01-10 10:09:20 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Entity light.big_tv_lights (<class 'custom_components.govee.light.GoveeLightEntity'>) implements device_state_attributes. Please report it to the custom component author.
2022-01-10 10:09:20 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Entity light.ceiling_lights (<class 'custom_components.govee.light.GoveeLightEntity'>) implements device_state_attributes. Please report it to the custom component author.
2022-01-10 10:12:00 WARNING (MainThread) [govee_api_laggat.govee_api_laggat] error getting state for device GoveeDevice(device='2E:4A:CB:31:30:30:6D:4E', model='H6056', device_name='Ceiling lights', controllable=True, retrievable=True, support_cmds=['turn', 'brightness', 'color', 'colorTem'], support_turn=True, support_brightness=True, support_color=True, support_color_tem=True, online=True, power_state=False, brightness=254, color=(118, 255, 0), color_temp=0, timestamp=1641827510.355009, source=<GoveeSource.API: 'api'>, error=None, lock_set_until=0, lock_get_until=0, learned_set_brightness_max=None, learned_get_brightness_max=100, before_set_brightness_turn_on=False, config_offline_is_off=False): API-Error 400: {"message":"Device Not Found","status":400}

2022-01-10 10:12:00 WARNING (MainThread) [custom_components.govee.light] update failed for 2E:4A:CB:31:30:30:6D:4E: API-Error 400: {"message":"Device Not Found","status":400}
2022-01-10 10:28:00 WARNING (MainThread) [govee_api_laggat.govee_api_laggat] error getting state for device GoveeDevice(device='2E:4A:CB:31:30:30:6D:4E', model='H6056', device_name='Ceiling lights', controllable=True, retrievable=True, support_cmds=['turn', 'brightness', 'color', 'colorTem'], support_turn=True, support_brightness=True, support_color=True, support_color_tem=True, online=True, power_state=False, brightness=254, color=(118, 255, 0), color_temp=0, timestamp=1641828470.216205, source=<GoveeSource.API: 'api'>, error=None, lock_set_until=0, lock_get_until=0, learned_set_brightness_max=None, learned_get_brightness_max=100, before_set_brightness_turn_on=False, config_offline_is_off=False): API-Error 400: {"message":"Device Not Found","status":400}
2022-01-10 10:28:00 WARNING (MainThread) [custom_components.govee.light] update failed for 2E:4A:CB:31:30:30:6D:4E: API-Error 400: {"message":"Device Not Found","status":400}

which may be what is causing the issue. Any hints for a complete noob?