Govee integration

Sound great. Thank you

Just added this to my HA and it discovered my TV Backlights (H6199). i can turn them on and off, but i donā€™t see a color picker in the card. is there something i need to do to enable it? I also see a lot of these errors in the log:"

2022-01-10 10:09:20 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Entity light.big_tv_lights (<class 'custom_components.govee.light.GoveeLightEntity'>) implements device_state_attributes. Please report it to the custom component author.
2022-01-10 10:09:20 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Entity light.ceiling_lights (<class 'custom_components.govee.light.GoveeLightEntity'>) implements device_state_attributes. Please report it to the custom component author.
2022-01-10 10:12:00 WARNING (MainThread) [govee_api_laggat.govee_api_laggat] error getting state for device GoveeDevice(device='2E:4A:CB:31:30:30:6D:4E', model='H6056', device_name='Ceiling lights', controllable=True, retrievable=True, support_cmds=['turn', 'brightness', 'color', 'colorTem'], support_turn=True, support_brightness=True, support_color=True, support_color_tem=True, online=True, power_state=False, brightness=254, color=(118, 255, 0), color_temp=0, timestamp=1641827510.355009, source=<GoveeSource.API: 'api'>, error=None, lock_set_until=0, lock_get_until=0, learned_set_brightness_max=None, learned_get_brightness_max=100, before_set_brightness_turn_on=False, config_offline_is_off=False): API-Error 400: {"message":"Device Not Found","status":400}

2022-01-10 10:12:00 WARNING (MainThread) [custom_components.govee.light] update failed for 2E:4A:CB:31:30:30:6D:4E: API-Error 400: {"message":"Device Not Found","status":400}
2022-01-10 10:28:00 WARNING (MainThread) [govee_api_laggat.govee_api_laggat] error getting state for device GoveeDevice(device='2E:4A:CB:31:30:30:6D:4E', model='H6056', device_name='Ceiling lights', controllable=True, retrievable=True, support_cmds=['turn', 'brightness', 'color', 'colorTem'], support_turn=True, support_brightness=True, support_color=True, support_color_tem=True, online=True, power_state=False, brightness=254, color=(118, 255, 0), color_temp=0, timestamp=1641828470.216205, source=<GoveeSource.API: 'api'>, error=None, lock_set_until=0, lock_get_until=0, learned_set_brightness_max=None, learned_get_brightness_max=100, before_set_brightness_turn_on=False, config_offline_is_off=False): API-Error 400: {"message":"Device Not Found","status":400}
2022-01-10 10:28:00 WARNING (MainThread) [custom_components.govee.light] update failed for 2E:4A:CB:31:30:30:6D:4E: API-Error 400: {"message":"Device Not Found","status":400}

which may be what is causing the issue. Any hints for a complete noob?

Try removing and re-adding the integration. Also, make sure that your Immersion has a reliable WiFi connection.

Iā€™ve removed the integration and readded the device several times. Still no luck in exposing the color change controls. Screenshots are the same as my original post

Any ideas what I can do?

Hi there,
I tried to install the integration via HACS. But i have no chance to enter the api-key. The only thing i can do, is to select a version.

After the installation and a restart, i have no button to configure it. Iā€™m a little bit confusedā€¦ can anybody give me a hint, about my mistake?

Youā€™ll need to go to Config > Devices > Add Integration to set it up.

omg i hit my tableā€¦ stupid questionā€¦ sorry for that and thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve added the integration, it seems to connect to the API but it does not detect/discover either of my devices. Both appear in the Govee app. 1 is an H5179, the other is a H5051 (which has a head battery at the moment).

Do they have to be added manually some how or does the API key work but not report devices for a certain lag from creation?

Thanks

The API doesnā€™t work with Thermohygeometers. I would recommend the BLE Monitor HACS integration, as it automatically finds devices.
You can also use the Govee Temp/Humidity HACS integration, but you do have to manually add the Bluetooth MAC address, which can be found using the Bluetooth MAC Finder app for Android.

Ah! thanks. I tried out those BLE options, but donā€™t have a bluetooth dongle yet - adding one tomorrow. Cheers!

Curious will it support them in the future or is this a limitation of the API that you canā€™t work around?

Iā€™m pretty sure that this is an API limitation, but I could be wrong.

Has anyone integrated the rgbic strips? Namely: H619A2D1UK

I have currently rgb but will be replacing with hopefully this rgbic strip.

Yep! I have a bunch of RGBIC strips. Just make sure that the model you choose has WiFi, which the H619A does.

Brilliant. Thanks Iā€™ve ordered that set

Hi, sure is a stupid question butā€¦ why i canā€™t see the govee integration to add?
In the hacs screen i have added Govee. What iā€™m not doing correctly?hacs
goove integration

Try rebooting/rebooting again

i did it a few times

I donā€™t know why, but just now is available in the integrations. Itā€™s working.

1 Like

Will choosing scenes/modes be possible to implement through this integration? Been slowly building up my immersion setup using goveeā€™s ā€œhighlightā€ feature and it would be great to be able to automate when starting a movie to activate the highlight feature.

Hey Tim,

I want to buy the H619A aswell, did you manage to get it working?